Anyone know what bug this is and does it damage weed plants

Anyone know what the small moth like bug is in the picture I took and is it harmful to plants

@Mrcrabs knows his bugs. @imSICKkid too but havent seen him in a couple days. But :crab: may know

3 Likes

Sorry… clueless …

I dont ever have bug issues growing with rehydrated coco bricks. Get outta here Purp lmao

2 Likes

Who the heck had all those issues then… i remember IPM from hell…. @CoyoteCody ?

1 Like

Any soil grower should know lol

3 Likes

I rehydrated some coco brick last week to start my next run and went inside the room the next day and had gnats flying over the top of my solo cups. And I’ve never had issues with gnats… could it be possible that eggs were in the brick to begin with?

1 Like

Nope. The eggs need moisture. If it was a bag of coco that was already rehydrated then I could see it happening. But definitely not from a brick of coco

1 Like

That’s what I thought. I wonder why they were interested in the coco? There is nothing there for them to eat or is there? It was one day after I put seeds in.

If they were already flying then they had to come from outside.

Hahaha @imSICKkid looks like coco is just as susceptible :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Susceptible yes…but no bugs come in the package or bag.

1 Like

If it is any type of moth then it can be very harmful to plants as moths make caterpillars and caterpillars destroy buds.

2 Likes

with the lighting on it I may be wrong but it looks like what I’ve always called a sweat bee. About 1/8th of an inch er so. But then my eyes ain’t what they use ta be. Put it on your swat it an if it stings you, it’s a sweat bee!!!

1 Like

This is out of the light

1 Like

Not what I thought it may have been.

Looks like a moth or horsefly. Have you seen it fly yet?

Id say moth.