Anyone know were I can buy a jack Russell pup

Any know were I can buy a jack Russell pup with short coat.i know off topic but I just cant find a pup any were atm.any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Try here:

4 Likes

You can find AKC Breeders of Merit (for any breed) for your area on the AKC website.

2 Likes

please please please do your research!!! i used to breed bichons, when i would look for a pup to add to my “kennel” it was horrifying what people passed for breeders! i have a few AKC dogs that the breeders will one day answer for what they did i hope. i bought dogs that werent going to breed just to get them the he## out of where they were. if a rescue dog isnt for you i totally support hobby breeders that have their dogs in their house that live with their humans only!! if they do it for the money roll on! no breeder makes any money on their dogs after all the vet care and nutrition and every other thing they need if they do it right.

7 Likes

I really want a pup so it can grow up with my one year old daughter together.

2 Likes

One way to avoid bad breeders is to search their media reviews (Yelp, Google, AKC, Facebook, etc,…) for people who have complained. People are passionate about this and usually speak up of they’ve seen evidence of poor treatment or abuse.

3 Likes

what about this pages? Is it real

Do you mind sharing what city you are in? I’ll help search. A region would be good too (e.g. Central Florida) that would be good too.

1 Like

I’m in Adelaide Australia.but a dog from any were is ok.

even a mini fox terrier or jack Russell

Sorry man, I don’t know anything about Australia. I’ll have a look anyway and see what I can find.

1 Like

USA is ok i can freight dog to Australia no problems

Look up the Jack Russell Terrier Club of Australia. They have a listing of breeders with available puppies. You could also contact the club and I’m sure that they would be happy to point you to reputable breeders to consider. You might contact local shelters, but you may have a hard time finding a puppy, which is what I’m thinking you may be looking for.

https://www,jackrussellterriers.com.au/puppy-listings/

1 Like

Please be sure you are fully educated on their personality and energy levels. A lot of Jack Russells end up in rescues because people think they are cute but don’t realize that they are not the type of dog to just lazily sit in your lap all afternoon.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t get one - just be sure you are prepared to do the work to keep one fully active and trained.

3 Likes

amen on russell / terrier breeds.! always good to know what they were exactly bred for and their history. those are high energy dogs and ANY puppy not properly socialized or trained becomes a PITA to its owners and many are abandoned or surrendered because the owner wasnt prepared. not the dogs fault. its like getting a herder dog and sticking it in an apartment with no job to do.

3 Likes

I have one…free to a good home

2 Likes

Yes I have done my research on these dogs.its not the the first time owning a pup or dog.i will get in contact with breeders i think its going to be the best way to find what I’m looking for.thanks for all your help guys.

1 Like

good luck! happy puppy days.

1 Like

found my pup went with a frfrencbulldog.couldent find anything else rite now readly

1 Like

omg that face is too cute

1 Like