Anyone into Lionel Postwar trains?

Is there anyone else on here into Lionel postwar trains?

I just bought a 1954 Lionel 2530 Baggage Car with large doors for $87.
These go for $300+ on ebay. Quite a score.

I found another currently for sale on fb market place for $225 if anyone is looking for one to add to their collection.

2 Likes

R (2)

3 Likes

Dude, you have to show us all your awesome model train setup. A guy that posts something like this has GOT to have a gem of a setup. :grinning:

2 Likes

@ShockDog Actually… I don’t… But have bins upon bins of stuff.

I have been using four photos to recreate my grandfathers train… Plus my memory… Using SolidWorks CAD software I was able to redesign it.

7 Likes

Have everything on the old pics bought already…

Just need to set it up… It’s costly… 300 in wood… 200 in hardware.

Plus it’s 10ft x 6ft 2in in size… So hoping to buy a house for a permanent setup.

2 Likes

I had an 18’ x 10’ N-scale setup several years ago. It’s all in boxes now. It was a ton of fun doing all of the molding and landscaping.

4 Likes

@MidwestGuy That’s one huge n scale layout… Holy smokes. Got pics?

I had a small n gauge set back in the 80s…

Just finished building my kids an HO 4x8 layout 4 train 2 run at a time.

1 Like

8 Likes

Wow! Very cool. I love it!

With my O gauge I plan to keep it more toy like, like the original pics.

2 Likes

5 Likes

There was nothing “Lionel” trains in my setup. I constructed it mainly of cars I bought off eBay (and sorted out the bad ones,) and Fox Valley locomotives. Fox Valley is an incredible company who takes pride in their product.

It’s a super fun hobby. Makes me want to unbox my stuff and set it up again.

5 Likes

Fox Valley… Is that in WI?

1 Like

My knowledge ds ho set was entirely bought off ebay… With the exception of the engines… Walthers.

1 Like

N Illinois or southern WI. I’m not sure. I had a couple of warranty claims with them and believe I shipped to IL. Super company. It’s run by one dude. Very fast turnaround on warranty claims.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy Cool… The Green Bay area… Appleton… Etc… Is known as the Fox Valley… That’s why I asked.

2 Likes

This company is based out of IL, not far from me.

4 Likes

Great company.

4 Likes

@MidwestGuy Thanks for that… Need to buy a bunch of HO cars and a couple engines.

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy @dbrn32
I wish I would have posted this earlier… Been on here for years never knew we all had this in common.

3 Likes

@Fiefie, that is SO cool. Such a an interesting hobby. I love these old photographs. Thanks for sharing them.

2 Likes