Anyone have experience setting up drip irrigation

Thanks everyone !

5gal.

Pots for me.
2 carrots per.

Sure, no problem!
My tent sits on a short platform, and is above a floor drain. So I can simply drain through the floor of the tent, and to the floor drain. There is a submergible pump in the reservoir set at minimum output. The last time I used it, it was set to pump for 8 minutes out of 24 hours. This was .8 gallon a day, since this was large plant. Since, I don’t have to worry about dealing with the run off. I can just set the pump to deliver a little more than needed, while I am away from home.
I would use a pump and timer in each reservoir, if I was you. I make the drip rings by drilling about 8 - 10 holes in the bottom of the ring with a 1/32 bit, (the smallest one in my drill index).
AutoPot or a DIY system? A DIY system should have a simple way to drain the run off, and the reservoir will need to be at a lower elevation than the drip rings. With an AutoPot there is no worries about a drain, and the reservoir will need to be elevated above the pots.

@Nicky wrote up a guide for autopots. It’s all he uses.

1 Like

I have four of the XL’s. It comes with inline valves so moving the pots around is easy.

I do a poor man’s drip irrigation for my vegetable garden. Fill empty Pop bottles with rain water and invert next to plant I wish to water. depending on how well it sits in the soil it waters the plants for a day to up to a week. I’d mix up my nutes for my dwc in those bottles also as a known volume to get the right concentration. I’d also put spare bottles still capped around my plants when expecting a freeze their thermal mass would help protect my plants.

Clay water spikes can be useful when using upside down water bottles.

I’ve looked into irrigation systems a bit. If you want to build your own the cocoforcannabis website has instructions and a parts list. Even has instructions for automatic runoff cleanup. Autopots and blumats are pretty much the standard if you want to buy a complete system. The XL autopots for three plants would be awesome in a 2x4.

Only reason I don’t switch to automatic watering is I like having a premade excuse for never leaving home except for work. Sorry honey I can’t leave for the weekend and waste $2000 or the plants will die …lol.