Anyone have estimate on How Much product is needed To Make how much Hash?

Ok so I have about three quart mason jars of trim with some popcorn buds chopped in too, and about 2oz of some Northern lights flower I grew last year. do i have enough to make a decent hash run or should I wait till my last White Russian is chopped and use that material too. I’m gettin the itch to try my new bags but want it to work out right…

I guess question two would be… to use the hash in edibles (since i don’t smoke) should I decarb it before making the hash to ensure the THC is activated? I’m not sure if all the recipes require the cooking process to be hot or long enough to decarb while cooking. for example Hash deserts that are cold and not cooked.

Hash yield will be about ~10% of the flower weight that you started out with.

2 Likes

How to decarb hash

1. Break the hash into tiny pieces for even heating. Place the hash on parchment paper if available for easy removal.
  2. Decarb hash in a 250℉ oven for 25-30 minutes.
  3. After your hash has baked for 25-30 minutes, take it out of the oven. Your hash is now decarboxylated and ready to be enjoyed in edibles recipes.
  4. If you’re planning to dissolve your hash in oil for your edibles recipe make sure to break the decarboxylated bubble hash into tiny pieces that will dissolve easily.

You should have enough product to get a decent hash run. You’ll get at least a few grams off a couple oz’s alone. More if she a frosty one. Make sure it’s all good and frozen too for better returns.

Ok so my first plant i was excited i did just the trim from the one trim and larf buds. I believe i had like 150 something grams thay went in and i got aboit 10 to 15 grams in return from it. Beat way would be dry ice and do the shake thing. Freeze the stuff u wanna do once all frozen put product in a 160 micron bag with a few chunks of dry ice and some kind of weights to beat aroind the weed and knock trics off. Its super simple and alot easier than washing it. U can also just take some of the stuff and make a homemade open blaster tube and use butane and open blast some let butane evap and then smoke the dabs left. There is plenty to do with it but its all up to u on what u want

I make oil with trimmings and popcorn pieces.I grind the trim and put 7 grams in a crockpot with 2pounds of butter and cook on low for 8-10hrs.then strain oil thru cheesecloth into mason jars.I store it in the refrigerator.when I make cookies or my favorite brownies I take the jar of oil and microwave it back to liquid and use it as directed.if your brownie mix calls for 2/3 cup of oil that what I do.I like the Ghirardelli mix.it takes about 1 1/2 hrs to kick in.buzz is nice an comforting.eat 2-3 and it’s like taking a sleeping pill.it’s helped my menopausal wife incredibly.give it a go.

3 Likes