Anyone have a MyDx chemical analyzer

My Dx is telling me that tobacco has a reading of 20% THC am I doing something wrong or do I have a lemon?

where do you buy your tobacco? sounds like good shit? :slight_smile: I would consult your manual sounds to me like you may have some contamination in the unit but never having used one I am just guessing based on the fact most meters need cleaning and calibrating over time to remain accurate.

1 Like

Not sure how these machines work but could it be some left
over THC in the system showing up in the next readings?

that really makes me wonder.
if that device is programmed just to read an average % of thc. regardless of the actual results.

so you put some bud in, test it, yay 20’ish% - seems fishy to get that result with tobacco.

but i am skeptical of just about everything under the sun. most likely it needs to be calibrated or, perhaps your test procedure wasnt done quite correctly?

this guy here. has same device. i cant afford it, yet!

Hello Greg,

The device works as an “electronic nose” so it reacts to whatever is present in the sample chamber if it has an odor. Since the sensor is only designed to work with cannabis flower, anything else placed in there will force the sensor to give a reading based on it’s best guess as to what the levels are.

1 Like

Here’s the answer

Hello Greg,

The device works as an “electronic nose” so it reacts to whatever is present in the sample chamber if it has an odor. Since the sensor is only designed to work with cannabis flower, anything else placed in there will force the sensor to give a reading based on it’s best guess as to what the levels are.

Interesting but for a 1K I would NOT want best guess result,
would rather a “Can’t Read Sample” result. But that’s just me.
I do like the idea of self testing THC amounts

1 Like

Everything is strong here in Australia :joy:

My assessment is the bud reading is accurate, but when you stick something other than flower in the chamber. So I’m happy with the explanation. It’s all about the software

Haha. Put your tobacco in a new cartridge? This thing was probably an indigogo at first and of so, I wouldn’t have any doubts that it’s fraudulent.