Anyone have a clue?

Hey guys I was at the smoke shop and they had OG Kush CBD only Flower. They were decent sized nugs but all brown. Smelled like ditch weed. Og Kush is pretty potent. They can’t sell thc in the smoke shop so I was curious how they extracted all of it while leaving all the cbd? Anyone have an idea?

They bred the THC out of it

1 Like

You can’t to my knowledge, they probably just did it anyways I would Geuss.
Og kush cbd is a 1:1 ratio.

@BobbyDigital of they bred the cbd out of it then it would no longer be og kush cbd it would be a new strain.

Idk you would have to ask them to be honest see what they say

It wouldn’t technically be a OG but it would be a cbd version. Do an F1 cross with OG kush and a hemp plant, then a F2 cross. Then do a back cross with the F2’s into the F1’s. When you get a plant with two copies of Bd allele you have a cbd version and should hold a similar terp profile of the OG kush.

2 Likes

There is a og cbg strain… It’s 1:1

I mean of course you can do it a couple different ways and the og kush of today isn’t even an og kush so I Geuss they could have just grown a cbd plant and called it og kush cbd or they could just be running a og kush cbd and it has thc and cbd in a 1:1 even if it’s not legal. Lol

2 Likes

That’s what you’ll get with the F1’s. It’ll have a bt allele (Thc) and a bd allele (Cbd) gene. So basically 1:1. Then with the F2 should have two Bd allele genes. Then you can back cross for the terp profile.

1 Like

Well I know who I’m messaging when I need breading information lol.
That’s something I know nothing about so I’ll take your word on it, lol, I know your a experienced member so I mean that with the greatest respect @Bobbydigital

I just buy seeds and research strains / genetics.

1 Like

Lol, I’m sure there’s a lot more to it, that’s just the basic route.

1 Like

Exactly, I don’t see the point in breeding when there are sooooo many top quality breeders out there.
I mean I may take a strain and make some seeds but I would never be breeding unless I’m going Commerical legal and trying to create my own brand

1 Like

Same. I don’t have the time, space nor patience for pheno hunting.

1 Like

I recent saw a shop in my illegal state that had all kinds. Gsc , gorilla, zkittles it was crazy all supposed to be Cbd.