Anyone growing Indoor Veggies?

Anyone growing veggies indoors?

I’ve got all this grow gear and I like dank OG vegetables… what can I grow inside? Would love some ideas, inspiration, guidance, advice or anything you’d care to share.

I started a 1 gal pot full of long standing spinach a week ago. Its sprouting…
Also just started some artichokes but those are just starts to go outside in the spring

1 Like

I started some bell peppers in my tent last year, but it didn’t work out so well (no yield.) I do keep herbs in my tent. I have dill and basil growing in my tent now.

2 Likes

This feels like a bait…

Some chilli a girl gave me just took the seed and did the same as with my girls…

1 Like

You kept them in your vegging tent? Did they make flower?

I was wondering do they need to be switched?

They probably don’t Polinate that easily and it has to Polinate because the peper we eat is just a protection for the seed. No polination no seed no pepper…

Flowering tent, yes. I only have 1 tent at the moment. The herbs are doing well and don’t seem to care about the light cycle.

1 Like

Was more intrigued about the pepper

I think my problem was that I had only 1 pepper plant and therefore no chance for pollenize and produce fruit. I attempted the pepper grow when in veg lighting cycle. I did get a couple of small peppers off her.

2 Likes

@outdooring hook, line, and sinker!

Peppers sound like fun. Like Thai chiles and some other stuff I can make hot sauces out of. We grow some jalapeños and poblanos in the outdoor garden but some boutique varieties in the grow room could be really cool.

What makes peppers flower? Time? Temperature? Photoperiod?

1 Like

If I had the space to grow some herbs or veggies I would definitely grow some basil, oregano, chilis and maybe some thyme. On the veggie side, maybe carrots and tomatoes but you’ll have
to pollinate the flowers yourself with a toothpick or cotton swab.

Having an indoor garden in the winter would be super bad a$$.

1 Like

This is why I was unsuccessful. I had only 1 pepper plant. I didn’t think about it at the time.

2 Likes

I have a sad lack of pollinators in my outdoor garden. I do what I can to attract them with the right plants and flowers but I still find myself hand pollenating zucchini and squashes

It’s just sex. It’s pretty hard to fuck up! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My plans are to put them out on the balcony in spring. I will soon get some herb clones.

Anyone having their veggies in the flowering tent only?

1 Like