Anyone grow autos under 12/12 for whole grow?

I don’t, sorry. I don’t really feel like it would change enough for me to justify buying the model I would want, and won’t trust a cheap one either. There are a few members that have had decent luck with phone apps, @BobbyDigital?

1 Like

Thanks anyway. I dont want to put faith in a cheap one either. I may just have to spend more than I initially wanted. I think it’ll be worth it as I’m quickly finding out just how much lighting effects everything. It’s an expansive topic with much more than just “how close should my light be?”. Yep, I need a good meter… @dbrn32 well what do you use? If you don’t mind me asking, no justifying required haha

1 Like

I don’t use one at all. If I were buying one today would probably watch for decent price on the sq-520.

1 Like

Hey @dbrn32 I was wondering if you had experience with hlg lights. I have a 4×4 tent thats 7 ft tall. I’m looking to upgrade and was wondering if theres is a particular model that can get me through both veg and flower. If not hlg then what company would you recommend? Any help here would be great as im terrible with lights.

1 Like

Technically just about anything they sell would work for veh and flower. R-spec boards are flower tuned, but still do pretty good job in veg. If you need a single light for both from hlg, R-spec boards is what I would do.

As far as which model, the scorpion, hlg-650r, or 600r all plenty good for it. You could also do two hlg-300L or 260 xl kits l, or 350r.

1 Like

That’s genius. I actually have two empties in my hydro setup and two autos in the seedling stages - couldn’t get myself to move them into the 12/12 room where the hydro setup is because I didn’t want to hose them, but honestly I’ve got way more light power during my 12 on in that tent than the 18 on in my veg tent. (I’ve got more lights coming for the veg so I can probably safely flower in there too).

A whole new world of possibilities just opened up for me. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Download the Photone app. It’s close enough for free.

I wanna see what you decide to do… As for me; this post just reassured me that if your growing indoors in a light proof room/tent, then autoflowers are pretty much pointless. The difference is a $5 timer to flip photos to flower. Cloning possibilities, topping and fimming, etc the list of pros for photos really just goes on and on. Grow photos under 12/12 from start and you basically have an autoflower :laughing: I never though about it like that but its true…

2 Likes

I put everything on an 18/6 and when my autos start to flower, I move the most mature photos into the “flowering tent” along with the auto(s) and subject them to the 12/12. It forces me to actually flower anything. Otherwise I’d just have a perpetual veg tent because my concept of time is horrible and probably the plants could always use to be just a little bit bigger :joy:

Bet you $10 I’m putting my Auto Blueberry in my 12/12 tent tonight to see what happens.

1 Like

:laughing: I love it. So your autos are just kind of a timer to tell you to flip your photos? Lol thats awesome

1 Like