Anyone else ever see this? Very first grow is super tiny

Hello all, I have a curious little problem…and I do mean little :grin:. This one seed I had save from bag (before discovering ILGM) turned out a 2in tall plant then flowered!

Seed planted 06-09-21. Its big sister is almost a foot tall and still vegging, adjusting lights to go to flower tomorrow. The mini MJ has been flowering for a month. Beautiful trichomes on her!

I have moved her outside from my indoor grow because she may have turned hermie? A tiny pod looking very male-ish is forming under the bud.
Question is: if this plant does have a male flower that produces pollen, how likely would it have the genetics to keep a plant super small again? Or is this just a freakish occurrence? I kinda like the novelty of its size and have plenty of other seeds to grow big buds.

3 Likes

Hi @TransplantedFarmgirl and welcome to the neighborhood… there’s many reasons for a plant to stay small like that normally it’s over loving them, poor watering habits, or the soil just ain’t up to it. She does have a flower lol you might be able to get a bowl for your efforts ( looking at the bright side)

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I’ve never seen an auto flower that fast. Kind of freakish, yes.

Most likely genetics. You’ll be taking your chances with seeds from her, though it’s kind of a novelty and fun to see.

2 Likes

Thanks @MeEasy for the welcome! I am keeping her around just to see what happens but I am considering putting her in a shadow box frame after harvest if she stays real small. You know how some businesses frame their first dollar? :grin::grin: frame my first bud!

2 Likes

Yes, I was pretty amused by it! I walked into my grow room and was hit with some wonderful, if not wholly unexpected, eau de Bud. And found her just happily cranking out trichs.

3 Likes

Very strange I would love to see this play out. Welcome to the neighborhood! :blush:

2 Likes

Ok so the trichomes are getting cloudy, pretty close to harvest time. Taking votes on smoking or framing.

1 Like

Holy cow framing

1 Like

Looks like she was planted too late into the season for whatever lighting schedule she is on. I know you mentioned she’s an auto but that right there at the most looks like a gram yield at the most lol. Something isn’t right whether it’s the soil, she’s in too big of a container to start her off in because her roots are still to small…tell me about the watering. Are you watering at the base of the plant or around the edges? If you start in a large pot like yours with a small plant watering around the edges helps push the plant into extending their roots outward toward the water to grow and it also prevents root rot and overwatering.

She started life in a repurposed yogurt cup (exceptionally clean of course :blush:) and transplanted up three times. The pot I took her from was just slightly smaller than her final pot and she was root bound when I did. It just stopped gaining any height after the first week. Watered and lighted like her siblings, who are now over two and a half feet tall and still vegging. She started flowering without changing lighting schedule. She just wanted to be different from her siblings I guess.

It looks like a cannabis plant… only smaller.

I vote Frame.

2 Likes

Certainly strange to say the very least.

I agree. Like Bob Ross would say, a happy accident.

1 Like

I vote for framing!

1 Like