Anyone a pro at irrigation? Got any recommendations?

I’d like to start an irrigation build and I’d like some help. Can someone explain how everything works together? Reservoir, timer, pump, etc?

2 Likes

That is a pretty tough ask. Check out @Myfriendis410 thread. I think he described his setup extensively.
I use a couple autopots. Put solution in reservoir and open valve. That’s it.

4 Likes

Check dripdepot dot com, and they should have most everything.

2 Likes

We are tackling all the irrigation on the farm over this next month. I can try and help walk you through a few things.
If y out sketch a few things out like layout ect. that might help.

4 Likes

I just tagged you on a thread i made. Maybe it will be helpful

2 Likes

How do you mix your nutrients in the reservoir? I usually use a submersible pump to mix my nutes real quick…but if the pump is taking water out, it wouldn’t really mix right? @Allinherhead @HippieRunner1

3 Likes

I mix my stuff in 5 gallon buckets then add to resevoir and theni check the ph of the res.

1 Like

How big of reservoir are you looking to mix with nutrients?
We run a 100% organic farm with living soil. The large holding tanks are always used for straight H2O. Never any nutrients in the main drip lines. This is a recipe for disaster and contamination.

The go to choice for me are ibc tote tanks. They are about 240–> 320 gallons. While I’m filling the tote tank I add my nutrients. (Kelp, bio-live, molasses ect.) This is a great way to get the initial mix.
I also like to add a small water pump to the bottom of the tank. This will simply pull water into the pump and shoot it back out. Allaying this to consistently be mixing.
In addition to the water pump I add a second pump attached to 4/6 air stones. This is the pump that adds the air/bubbles to the solution. Definitely the most important piece of device to the set up. (This also helps mix the nutrients)

1 Like

Nothing too large, I wouldn’t mind a 27 or 20 gal.

2 Likes

Will you be keeping the nutrients in it for a few days or will you be feeding it right away?

1 Like

Probably a few days or so

Mine are 27 gallon

1 Like

I use wavemakers to mix water treatment and/or trace elements in a garbage can full of water and also to evenly heat the water before putting it in my fish tanks… They are designed for 24/7 service…

https://www.amazon.com/wavemaker-aquarium/s?k=wavemaker+aquarium

1 Like

I use 4 autopots with a 25gal res. I fill the tank with 20 gal of plain RO, then mix a super concentrated 5 gallon bucket of nutes to add to the res. Air pump to finish mixing for another 20m or so (or not…I’m lazy).

1 Like