Hi all, I’ve recently pressed about 500 grams of 140 micro kief into… 24 grams of rosin. HOLY shit that was a lot of work and I’d like to hear: What I’m doing right. What I’m doing wrong. How I can improve and finally… HOW THE BLOODCLOT can I package this for sale into 1 gram glass jars.
- I’m stuffing my kief (140u) into 75 micro bags. Most are 2x6 but some are 3x6".
- I have a 20 ton bottle jack (without pressure gauge) with heat plates.
- I’m loading 8-10 grams of kief into the 2x6 and close to 25g into the 3x6
- Heat plates are set to 69c/156f degrees
- I’m pressing lightly for 45 seconds and then slowly increasing pressure until 2:30.
- My kief/dry sift is a couple months post harvest.
- I’m only using a single bag. Not blowing out at all. Should I be double bagging? Why?
Here’s the various results:
So I roll that all together to get a nicely colored 8gram putty.
For some reason, my follow up day of squishing comes out much darker and oilier. I end up with slightly higher yield.
I roll all this up. It’s SOOOOOO sticky I can’t touch it with gloves. I’m not sure how to handle this without making a mess. I add it to a glass jar and stir as much as possible. Seems to lighten the color a bit.
- What am I supposed to do to ‘cure’ the rosin? Why?
- How do I package it into individual 1gram concentrate glass jars for sale?
- What else do I need to do to it?
- How can you handle it with it being so sticky?
- I don’t seem to be yielding much. How can I get my rosin to ‘flow’ out of the parchment paper?
- PLEASE can someone give me a full walkthrough of how to package, press (time and pressure - remember I don’t have a gauge), collect, handle, cure and package for sale?
Thanks so much. I just went through ALL my sift