Anybody know if

I used to work for a cleaning chemical company. We had this product, an enzyme for cleaning bathrooms. This stuff was cool you could “supercharge” it by mixing it in a bucket with water, a few sheets of tissue and some sugar. Let that sit for 24 hrs and then dump it into septic or grease trap and it would clear clogs and if used regularly prevent them…it was fun to sell.

On to my question. Can you take a product like mycos or great white and do the same thing? Increasing the bacterial and mycological life in the water you intend to feed with?
Is this already common practice and I just missed it because until now because I havent been using any myco products?

Maybe not Tissue but say unsulfered molasis?

Sounds like a tea.

1 Like

Mycos are soil based bugs, doubt they would work in water. I see your point though.

1 Like

Answer is Yes, mix a tea… glucose sources or long chains and water dilution…compost vegetables, coffee grounds, egg shells, kelp meal, molasses, alfalfa meal ec. Inoculate with your mykos of choice and it’ll grow exponential. Draw off it and refeed(like amish bread) as you need and you have an endless supply as long as food is available. Over time the dominant strain will take over an cannibalize the others, so restart every so often.

8 Likes

@Docnraq I’ve been using Blackstrap Unsulphered Molasses to feed the soil outside and have been adding Myco to my indoor and continuing with the same feeding method. No data to offer, I’ve just been following others lead here.

1 Like

Actually its soil based fungus and bacteria. Fungus can and does grow in liquid providing there is sugars for it to consume. When growing mushies you can use your spores to innoculate a liquid media then use the resulting Liquid Culture to innoculate grains. Bacteria and water are already long friends.

1 Like

Can you expand on this?

Eventually the (Bacteria)Bacillus will likely out re-produce any of the Endo/Ecto/Rhizo/Glomus/Tricos and consume them. Survival of the fittest, Darwin. Not to say its a bad thing, look at products like Tribus, those strains are selected for the specific solubilizing they perform N/P/Si, organic matter digestion and invading bacterial competition and protection(pythium/fusarium/verticillium).
Most of the different (bugs) we use tend to have different primary/secondary food sources and thereby differing exudates i.e. K/Phos/Nitrogen/Sulfur/Silicon etc.

1 Like

This is why constant reapplication is required?

1 Like

No, constant inoculation is not required and not necessary and if you have a healthy rhizo the bugs are gonna reproduce and once they have bound to the root system, the root system will assist in the feeding, growth and spread.
There are quite a few schools of thought on this that I have come across. (1) If I am the manufacturer I want you to use more and buy more. (2) If some is good, More is better. (3) I don’t care to know squat about them, but everyone is using them so I’ll hit them every watering. (4) Innoc occasionally with a varied mix to allow the roots and plant to be inoculated and maintain a healthy rhizo and know they are doing their job until we humans kill them off with a flush, pH mishap, peroxide, unfriendly root drench etc.

If your a soil grower most recommendations I’ve seen is that if the soil is healthy and there is plenty of organic foods available one inoc. is more than enough. If your Coco or hydro, there Isn’t much residual organics to keep them happy unless your using Humics(carbon micros)/Molasses(glucose source) and other things for them to feed on and chelate for the root system, so a regular boost is gonna help. But again once the roots have been inoculated, some of the bacteria live within the plants root and vascular cells.

Sorry about wordiness, its kind of a complex subject about stuff we cannot see.

4 Likes

What about the bio insecticide and fungicide? Y’all tried them yet?

2 Likes

You see words I see exquisite explanation!
Thank you! I am using soil. To be sure I understand…
After a flush, re innoculate. If the soil dries out too far, re innoculate. Add a sugar like molasses to feed for myco health. Yes?

1 Like

Yes, you got it, sounds like a great plan.
Molasses - more specifically a glucose source…
Mol. also has lots of other goody micronutrients and some P/Ca/Mg/Mn/Cu/Fe
Plants and microbes have difficulties with long chain sugars fructose/sucrose etc.

2 Likes

@Docnraq sounds on par

1 Like

Thank you @Pet_de_Chien,I’ve been wondering if I have been wasting money or actually benefiting from using it in all my feedings. I do drain to waste in coco/perlite fyi

1 Like

I did my senior thesis as a sophomore on Bacillus thuringiensis and as a bacteria, you can step the production up by chemical solution. Then you agitated it with the little spinning magnet.

I had to make my own agar plates and scrapped the BT onto it. Let it set for time and made a final solution and really ramped it up.

They do this in brewing with yeast and a sugar source.

BT is a natural pesticide. I was supposed to met the Chinese scientist that found in in China. But the USA changed the entry for China. So the doctor was denied entry as he missed the deadline by a couple months. I was looking forward to meeting the man. Oh well.

I kept my research going. So yes, if its a bacteria you should be able to do it with working knowledge of doing it. Like I said Brewers do this to explode the yeast population in the solution. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@MrPeat time has moved forward and many products of Bio Fungicide and insecticide are available now. Do you still make your own?