Anybody know a thing or two about soil testers

Ima see what works the best for me

That probe is trash. Family kept giving them to me for gifts. Actually took 3 of em and none matched or were even close. Then I tested with my awesome meter. None were within range. I WOULDN’T TRUST

3 Likes

Crapitolla Komeni

You have a way with words!!! I like following you!!! Also very knowledgeable!!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Just proves I’m full of shit!

With Sprinkles!

Not at all!!!

Hi there. If you use 5 gal fabric pots, unlikely to overwater. They also are easier to check runoff when time is ready.
giphy (1)

1 Like

I have a 3-way meter. Moisture, light and ph. I cut off one of the prongs so it now only reads moisture. I figured one hole is better than 2. ph & light are worthless anyway.
Once you figure out the amount and frequency and the weight of the pot, you won’t need the meter any longer.

Every time I move it it reads differently probably yours were different levels but it still kinda sucks

1 Like

Ohh okay I’ll try it what one do I pull

So I started with a general hydroponics liguid pH up and down . It’s cheap but is what I used for most of first grow. But realizing how good my organic side was doing I decided I wanted to go full on organic from here on . I discovered this stuff called earth juice . It’s kinda expensive up front but it’s crystals rather than liquid. So yes it’s 40 bucks but the 1.6 of dry will last way way longer than the smaller general hydroponics. I typically use about a little less than a quarter teaspoon in 5 gallon buckets to get my pH to 6.5. plus it’s purely organic which is especially good if your using living soils and or other organic souls and amendments.
Also I use a blue lab pH pen which is about 100 but I can also give you a link to the cheaper one I used for the beginning of the grow that got me by for a little while.

As @beardless has said
The lift and feel method, TRIED and TRUE, no batteries no dumb usless meers, just lifting small bags (5gal or less) help.

3 Likes