Anybody have an opinion on what’s the best choice in a scale?

So a ton of us use the same loop and scope with great results so I was wondering (obviously I’m in the market for a new one lol) if there’s a general consensus amongst the Class about a top choice for scales? I want something accurate enough for small supplements weight but that can also handle larger items i.e. my grow lol.

After reading @Borderryan22 a few posts ago and the difficulty Ryan was having trying to recalibrate his scale I thought why not poll y’all. Your thoughts and experience on this are sought, thank you all for the time!! :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

I dont think a two point after decimal scale is right for measuring over a few ounces. Get into half pound range and youll want a produce size scale. You wouldnt measure a truck with a postal scale or an 1/8 of weed on a scrap metal scale.

2 Likes

I got it figured out! Someone matched me up on calibrating it, but I ain’t so mathematoligically inclined lol. The scale I bought had a 50g weight to calibrate it. Problem was, it calibrates to 100g, so I bought some cheap weights.

1 Like

I’m confused. Are you asking about microscopes/loupes or scales.

@MidwestGuy I used the images of a very popular loop and scope frequently used by a ton of members as an example of a ‘general growers choice’ consensus amongst us to see if there was also a similar thought on a scale. Ryan made me think of potential issues the experience of the collective may help me avoid prior to my upcoming purchase.

@MidwestGuy seemed pretty straightforward to me

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

You can get a good set of Chinese made triple beam scales, accurate to a tenth of a gram, on Amazon for less than $150.
I’d get a cheap set of calibration weights to check any scale I bought just as a reassurance to myself.
There are some nice digital scales out there too. As long as you can re-calibrate them and check with independent weights I’d be happy with that.
I wouldn’t buy the $12 set at the local headshop! LOL!

2 Likes