Anybody has an idea about what is going wrong here?

Question from a fellow grower:

I haven’t had any success growing this winter season here in the
Northeast. I’m growing indoors for the first time and after 2 months my
plants are still only about 6 inches tall. I’ve adjusted the lamp from
2’ to 5’ away from the plants, changed the cycle from 20 hours of light
to 16, added space heaters to keep the temps well over 80 degrees F,
watered a little then a lot then in-between…nothing works! I’ve
followed your instructions but the plants just will not grow past this
stage and now the few leaves are turning a little yellow. I’m at a loss,
as are my friends. Are there perhaps seeds that will only grow during
the spring/summer? T

this is not the case I am growing in subzero temperatures if you are growing indoors you are mother nature I am going to need some details to get you back on track
ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you :smile:

Thank you for the thoughtful reply but I’m not looking to get a PhD, just looking for simple answers. Sorry to waste your time.

We offer advice but just like a doctor we need some detail to help what kind of dirt are you using

I am not asking your address I am simply offering free advise and need some info to do so if you think I am asking too much answer what you can but lose the BS tone because honestly I am not an employee I am just an under educated grower who was willing to give another grower a hand. If you don’t want help that’s your problem and honestly I could spend my time working on someone who has more manners shit…

1 Like

I’ve tried different types of soil, with no difference in how the plants grow. I’ve tried many, many combinations of soil, lights, water, heat, etc. with no success. I was hoping this problem might be common with an easy solution. I’m a novice just looking for a simple solution without getting too involved.

whoa…touchy. sorry i offended you, it wasn’t my intention. Chill…

it may be an easy fix but not knowing the soil you are using lights or foods given I have to guess with absolutely little to go on

Any time you transplant you set your plant back as it takes time to recover and for roots to establish this stresses your plant given proper additives a plant recovers from transplant in as little as a couple of days. The type of soil you use would help and cannabis likes slightly acidic soil which is why ph is a question they may be called weed but they grow slow in wrong ph even stunt.

Well first of all, temps well over 80F is not a good thing, especially if you are not heavily supplementing CO2. Ideal temps are closer to 75F to maybe 78*F without CO2.

Secondly, we could do to know a lot more about your growing environment and @Donaldj was very correct in nicely posting the support ticket questionnaire to get you started, and @joshawa basically summed it up correctly as well, we can’t help you if you don’t give us enough info to get an idea of what you might be doing wrong. If we don’t have the right information, we can’t help you.

Watering too much or too little can absolutely stunt growth, and again, you haven’t been very specific about anything and so it will be hard to know if you are over watering or under watering. The best way to water, is to soak all the soil in the container to saturation, and then not water at all again until it is nearly totally dried out as determined by the feel of the container, heavy when wet and vey light when almost totally dried out, but before the plants show any wilting from lack of water.

And finally, likely two very important lacking pieces of information:

How big is your container? If the container isn’t big enough the plant will hit a certain size and stop getting bigger.

And also humidity, if the humidity is too low, and if your outside conditions are very cold and dry, and it sounds like they might be, then very likely your humidity is way too low, and too low of humidity will dramatically slow growth. Humidity needs to be about 50-60% during most of the plants’ growth.

Happy growing,

MacG

1 Like

First of all donald i agree 100% with you and second of all beeg2424 no matter how much you want to be your gunna have to just get involved wheather you want to or not that shows your commitment to growing and shows your willing to go through the errors growing has to privide. If you wanted help just follow what they tell you and being here you’ll get all the help you need from these guys as long as you don’t have an attitude