Anybody else try CBD flower?

Thank you, I’m pretty sure it’s the way to go for legal $1 a gram. Gonna start running my thc crop trim with the cbd flower to boost the entourage effect at low doses. All tested by the fine state of Vermont. Before you bought the extraction unit, did you find using sunflower lecithin with another oil like coconut a good combo? I’m also considering running it through to make wax/crumble, then adding it to tinctures after that. I have a friend that has all the equipment for that already… I can get pounds of these strains at a time: Special Sauce, Midwest hybrid, Cherry Wine, and Lifter. Have you heard anything on these strains? I have all the testing data from their farm and it looks really good.

I don’t add lecithin, myself.

The Source doesn’t do the extraction, it just distills off the ethanol from qwet. If you have a Source, it starts as a tincture, then you distill it down to whatever level you want.

Those are very basic CBD strains. Been around for a bit. You can find lots of info online about those strains. Tbh, you can find strains with much more interesting and useful terp profiles.

1 Like

Today, cbd flower user are increasing. After trying you can share your choice about cbd flower.

1 Like

Love this post - that’s exactly what I’m growing… commercial cbd smokeable flower. The markets pretty soft now with most farmers contracting land for processors and getting 35$ a pound of biomass. Once I have online marketplace set up I’ll check in with @latewood to see about posting… not really sure it’s feasible (privacy issues) atleast under this name but so glad to hear people are interested in it.

Know your growers - id ask some pertinent questions like types of nutrients they use (synthetic vs organic) and for sure check COA for pesticide/heavy metals/ potency test. Terpenes would also be lovely but that takes time to understand what each profile equates to. Most farmers (in my area - southeastern USA) have no clue what their doing and are having to cut corners to make it profitable. They’re used to growing “organic tobacco” at best but most are coming from pesticide latent high efficiency standards like gmo corn soybean etc. there’s just no way to do that currently with hemp. And if there was it would take expensive equipment that is not universally suited to their needs

1 Like