Anybody else got Super Skunk that is not Super skunky?

I am just wondering if anyone is growing Super Skunks this year, what do your plants look like? Do they look like super skunks? I am growing 10 of them, (got them on sale last winter). All 10 plants are really huge, almost 9 feet tall and 10 feet wide, and they look like sativa, with million of skinny branches with thin leaves. Skunk supposed to be indica. All 10 plants did not want to flower. They finally started to flower, but I don’t think we have enough time left, because we live in New England and have to harvest in the beginning of October because of the weather. Growing outdoors.
Anyone here have the same problem?

No experience with that strain, but every phenotype has their own terpenes, similar to what they should have, but they don’t always have the exact smell they’re supposed to. Even the same strain can express a citrus smell, and another one can express more pine.

1 Like

I could see 1 or 2 plants doing that, but not all 10

1 Like

I agree, that seems unusual. But everyone interprets smells differently too.

I think the weather turned funky on us this year. We had a couple cold nights about 3 Weeks ago that made things go a little wonky.

1 Like

I am growing it for 1st time mine is bout 5ft tall and 3ft wide 2 and half weeks flower no smell to me but looking good another same time and everything else and it grew way different also didn’t top 2nd 1

2 Likes

Are you growing outdoors? About where on the map?

Ohio and kinda both in and out . Out during the day and under 2 LED lights at night till flower stage now outside on sunny day and under lights on rain

1 Like

1 Like

Images removed.

2 Likes

Makes it easier to control. Mine are in the ground. The worst for me would be early frosts. Thinking of making some sort of structure over them for protection.
You got some good stuff there. Good luck.

1 Like

![IMG_20200903_thank you I have a few younger gals but they different strains but they looking better than these 2 gals at that age the stalk is almost same diameter as my 5ft

this granddaddy purple

1 Like

First time with them here too. Have four indoors. Three look similar but one is tall with wide nodal spacing more like a sativa. Looks totally different than the others. Also no skunk smell and I’m almost to week 8 flowering. I’m guessing these will go long like 10-11 weeks.

2 Likes

Right, they do not smell much. The bud is not that big, yet. But I am running out of time here in new england. We already had 1st frost, but these girls need 4 or 5 more weeks. Hope weather cooperates. If not, will be building PVC frame over them, put plastic over and bring some heaters. There should be pounds of bud on them. Hate to lose it.

1 Like

Your plant looks awesome. The bud looks quite big too. I will try doing that, harvesting bigger buds, and leaving the rest to mature. Fingers crossed for the weather. So far so good.

Thanks. Super skunk always does well for me. Buds are super dense. I want to go at least 2 more weeks but may have to pull early because my neighbor is having trees cut down near my grow.

1 Like

I deleted my photo because there was some strange car snapping photos on my street today. Maybe I’m just paranoid but maybe comparing my photo gps cords. to theirs? They say it can be extracted even if its off on your phone. Thoughts?
Just so anyone knows security measures are in place and think long and hard before you attempt to steal my meds.

1 Like

Yep, that’s another problem. Last week I got security cameras, did not have a chance to hook them up yet. But absolutely have to do it. To go through growing process and stuff, fighting bugs and diseases, and have someone come and steal it at the end. That would be a shame.

I’m having the same problem and I’m pretty much done with strain. I got a pack of 20 let me mention first ilgm was quick to issue me a refund so no problem there but they let me keep the seeds. So I said what could it hurt. Let so I planted the last three the tall as all hell an there are no grow sites except a few and the look horrible. I also got to get 2plants to grow and what the outcome was tons of foliage very needle like and no very little to no bud I have pics