Any way to tell a photo from auto?

Any way to tell a photo and auto apart before flowering? My buddy gave me the seed for my latest plant, so It wasnt in original package.Its supposed to be a strawberry banana auto, which ive grown before. ive only grown 3 autoflowers before and never a photo. It is growing super slow compared to the autos ive grown before, it is 6 weeks old and hasnt started flowering yet. All my other autos were 3 times this size and started flowering/pre-flowering at about 5 weeks. I have it on a 20/4 light scedule. I plan to just let it ride on that scedule for a couple more weeks and see what happens? Id actually be happy if it didnt start flowering in that time and maybe hit a growing spurt. Id even be ok if its a photo I only wonder if its possible to tell because if it is a photo id train it differently. Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling and if anyone has an answer or advice it would be greatly appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not really.

2 Likes

Take a clone, root it, and then attempt to flower it. If it flowers with a light change to 12/12 before the mother plant flowers on its own, then it is a photo.

4 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

yes thanks everyone. I kinda figured it would be hard or impossible to tell. I was just hoping. The clone is a great idea but just a little out of my skill range. i dont evem have any of the stuff to make them start rooting. Guess ill just have to wait and see. maybe she is about to hit her stride.

Actually all you need is something to cut with and a glass of water. Rather than water stick the cut stem in prepared soil (peat or coco works best)

1 Like