Any topping opinions?

Should ithink about topping this one? I’ve already LST 2 branches

1 Like

It depends I would only top if I had height limitations. But that’s just me.

1 Like

That and space are my reasons… I’m in a 2x2x4 with 2 smaller plants

2 Likes

I’m in the same space with one plant and i’m running out of room! Good luck my guy!

This pic is about a week old. You can barely see the net right now 7/7/20 as it’s just about completely full. I switched to 12/12 on 7/2 and only have 13 inches from tops to light.

2 Likes

i topped the one on the right , attempted fim on the left. Pic was at 9 weeks

2 Likes

this depends on the desired plant style? Are you intending to scrog grow this plant? If so then yes I would top it. If the plant is an auto then no I would not top it as autos typically havebshort veg times and you may not catch up.
You may also prefer, to grow anmain cola as opposed to many equally sized buds, in this case dont top.
You may have a strain that is naturally very branchy, and you elect to lst the top and bend the side branches down. As you can see, you can do just about anything to a point, the plants are pretty plastic in that regard.

1 Like

I would top her, 4 foot tall tent is very small.
Train her and you will fill the entire 2x2 easy!
This is her second day of flower. I think I need to add another light too!

2 Likes

It’s an auto NL strain from RQS. my main concern is room as the space is being shared with 2 other small autos.

Looking nice!

1 Like

i would not top the auto, but if you want you can slowly arc the top over and promote the lower branches. That has the same effect as topping as it changes the flow of auxin.

2 Likes

I bend all my autos over, these 2 was the first time I tried topping and fim

1 Like

Where on the stem would I look to start bending?

I have a hard time seeing how that is going to work. Topped trained or whatever.
48" less 12" pot etc less light 18" gives you 18" for a plant. I assume external exhaust, room for circulating fan? The smallest auto I have grown is a blueberry

grown in 3 gallon pot with approx 11" diam.
Maybe in 1 gallon pots, root bound to keep small. Not sure what you are looking for.
Both of these BBAs are 22" I did not top them because I had no height concerns and wanted to see what they would do on their own.
I certainly have topped autos. Some recommend it, others do not. In your case I think you need to because of the height constraints.

3 Likes

The branch union below the top. @beardless is right though, you need to think about upgrading your cieling height.

2 Likes

Those are really nice!!