Any tips and advise needed!

Question from a fellow grower:

Im getting ready for the summer with a tier 3 garden total of 30k sq.
Ft. In Eastern Washington. I have read all your experience and thought
you might have some water save ideas. And out door ideas. For a heavy
harvest.

If you are going big 30k sq ’ I would start with mulch and drip lines. A very good inexpensive mulch is called hog fuel. It is coarsely shredded tree and shrubs. In my outdoor garden I applied it so that the depth was about 16 inches. That was 5 years ago and as everything breaks down - decomposes, my soil is very lively with beneficials and health. When I plant every year, I open a large hole down to earth then I amend the soil that the plant is going into and plant seed or starts. After the plants are fully rooted and as the plants grow I fill in the holes. This keeps weeds from growing because there is no exposed soil. My drip lines are below the mulch and above the soil. This way there is little evaporation.
I think this is one way to lower your operating costs.

I wish you well
Jeffro

1 Like

I like that Jeffro,

I have a drip system in my flower tent and veg tent taking care of 19 plants. Thinking of getting another one for the feeding.
This really opened up my time and adding two timers for the lighting freed up alot of time for me to work on other things,
How would that work by setting up one or two 50 gal drums and place them about 4 to 5 feet off the round so that it would be gravity feed.
Mine has a battery operated system which feeds water up twice a day and up yo 8 ,oz er day. This person could use what I use becaue it needs no power. Just the battery to automatically come on twice a day.
Just a thought

Will

Hi Will,
Thank you for the compliment. Gravity feeds are simple and don’t break down. You have a battery powered shut off for a gravity feed- I need several for my outside garden and haven’t found any. Please provide info If I understood you correctly. I believe growing outside is going to be very important for the majority of people who want to grow. I would love to start consulting in the Seattle area but it is totally illegal to have your own plants. I am no scofflaw but when it comes to growing my own, outside in my yard I do it and have been very happy with the results- so have my friends.

Take care my friend. I hope you beat the cancer and live many more productive, healthy and happy years.

Respectfully
Jeffro

Hey Jeffrp, Here’ one for ya.
I lived in Seattle for 32 yr’s the city I lived in was Federalway, w a. If you jumped my back fence you would be in S. E. Tacoma…
Lol
I’ll P.M you what you requested. I’m biying pne mpre for feeding.
Heres that link
http://www.amazon.com/Claber-8053-4-Programs-Automatic-Watering/dp/B000U5YFR4/?=greenrel-20/ref=pd_sim_86_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41dSTbWbGLL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=014RFV62MDZ4PSG15EYD

Will

Thank you for the link. I will investigate.
I recall now you and I had communicated several months ago. Yoshi was part of the string- heard from him lately?
Respectfully
Jeffro

Hello pigSquishy
Its cool stuff and myself, I have been gardening and trying different methods for 16 years, when I bought my house. We as marijuana growers are in my opinion joining forces with the sustainability and self sufficient movements. Growing enhances us, brings us closer to a relationship with the divine and helps us to understand the systems that govern life and death as we know it.

Respectfully
Jeffro

1 Like

I 3rd that, thats the only way to be in life. :smile:

Will

2 Likes