Any suggestions on why?

Hello friends, so i have a little problem. Im growing GSC autos thier about 3/4 weeks into flower. But i have 1 plant that keeps getting taller! Because of this i have to keep raising my light and im running out of room. Does anyone think i should clip the top off? Or should i just let her keep growing?

3 Likes

Lanky pheno… super crop that main and buy yourself back a little space.

4 Likes

I would start bending the main stalk over…I have never topped once into flower with bud sites so don’t know if this would be too much shock for her…but bend her over slowly without breaking is what I would do at this point

5 Likes

I would go with what they :point_up:they said. :blush::v:

1 Like

I’d go down 7 nugs and underneath that one start bending easy back and forth and it will soften up then after she bendable bend it in a 90 degree angle and tie it down and she should be good

3 Likes

Dont chop that top off that’s gonna be a big ol cola! Either super crop or bend as mentioned! Cutting from an auto, esp in flower, can really hurt your yield.

4 Likes

Lol yeah i was really hesitant on doing it and beding her down sounds alot better. Thanks alot for the advise ill see how it goes :+1:

2 Likes

I definitely would not to aNy chopping this far along into flower. Especially and auto! Less stress is best during the entire life cycle of a cannabis plant.

Like mentioned about try to slightly bend that tall stalk over. This won’t stress or harm the plant. When you do this Make sure you are working with a pliable part of the plant. This should give you a few extra for inches.

I would also set all the other plants on cinderblocks and get them as close to the hight of the tallest plant. Try to make the top on the canopy even. You don’t want to strip light away from the entire garden just due to one tall plant.

With the plants being in flower you really don’t want to ‘decrease’ the light to any plants. This is what is happening when you raid the light for that taller plant. The shorter ones get less. When growing outdoors the sun is lower in the sky come flower time. This helps increase flower productions in many ways.

2 Likes

I would lollipop everything under the blue line, if not the leaves at least the bud sights. Everything below there is gonna end up larfy. Id pull down the orange lines and widen the base out allowing light and air to remaining buds (after lolly) lastly I would put a 90 degree bend somewhere in the red box. She is likely a lil stiff at this stage so you will want to squeeze and twist the stalk till it loosens up, youll be able to feel it and bend her over (supercrop) Some side splitting may occur, thats ok, slap a lil honey and tape on the break. Then lower the light so everyone gets better light. This is a drastic course of action for a drastic issue. Its better then cutting and I believe its safer then elevating the rest of your plants 3 feet in the air. Knocking one over will toppel others in its proximity which could cost you more weight then just cutting the huge one down to size. At least with super crop and training you have better odds of keeping all your flower. Tallest auto I have ever seen!

3 Likes

Could you tip the pot over a bit and grow her at an angle?

4 Likes

Hi @Smiley1, if it were me I would put her outdoors if thats an option, barring that just let it go. Turn the pot every few days so a different ‘side’ can face the light. Worse case it doesn’t fill in as nice, your other girls however will remain in their happy place. Take it with a grain of salt as I don’t know much about indoor grows. The five sisters look really nice.

I’m not dealing with an auto, and I’m growing outdoors. I have a few that are peaking above where they should be. Like beautiful females are wont to do, they’re attracting the wrong kind of attention. I tried bending the tops tying them with coated wire, but even in the evening most are too stiff. Just starting to fatten up, the elongated stems are already strong enough to hold some mondo colas.

1 Like

You can raid the others in a sage manner. In my experiences sometimes with growing cannabis it’s about what is best for the plant rather then what is easiest for the grower.
I agree with the thinking of the lowers and doing alittle skirting.

1 Like

Right on!! So much great input from all the growers. I cant thank you enough! I will try what you and others have recommended and see how she goes. Im not putting her outside its way to hot where i live shell be to shocked. Thank alot for the input :+1:

3 Likes

So i took your advise and shes doing good so far! Bent the main at 90° and opened up a couple branches. :+1:

These were taken the first day and the floweres are already growing back to the light.

4 Likes

Nice! They dont call it weed for nothing.

4 Likes

Pull that main stem to one side or the other and start training , bend it just a few inches to start and a little more each week, your lights, being LED could be a little closer with the proper fan distance,start researching LED with fan setups

1 Like