Any suggestions for my wrecked widows

Hello,

Long time reader first-time poster, not too sure about the forum rules so sorry if this is in the wrong place…

I purchased 5 white widow auto seeds and 4 germinated successfully.

I planted them out at the end of August and one died so was down to 3 which is fine.

I purchased them as they said they’re good for first time growers. As you can see from the pics below they just didn’t grow. Their first set of leaves had brown spots on them and then died off, the rest of the seedlings looked a healthy green though. Obviously, something is very wrong, are they saveable or do you have any advice for my next attempt?

I don’t ph their water it’s just rainwater from my tank, I didn’t use any fertiliser as the soil used had 6 months of fert in it apparently and I planted a veggie garden in the same soil and that just exploded.

I put them outside and thought maybe they were getting too much sunlight so they only get about 3 hours of direct sunlight and then another 6 or so hours of indirect sunlight.

It’s quite a mild temperature where I am, not too hot or cold (south-east Queensland Australia)

See below photos with bottle cap for reference. Plant date was 19th August.

1 2 3

Welcome to ILGM forum, the place to be if you want to grow weed! If they are autos, I think you should try again! You may get a joint or two from them if they finish strong!Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:
Let’s get your grow info and see if we can get you some help man!
I think your soil was maybe too HOT!

Simple answer is , not enough light , overwatering and horrible looking soil…
Some time’s even when all the cards are stacked against you…
You need to stop squeezing your little rabbit…
You may have loved them to death…
But I think not enough light and overwatering was your main issues…
I wont even get into that soil…
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @peachfuzz

I’ll keep that in mind for my next attempt, do you have any soil suggestions? I figured if it’s good enough for my veggie gardens it would be good enough for the girls but obviously, I was wrong lol.

1 Like

They look so small to be out there on their own :slightly_frowning_face:. I would lift them gently and go for a seed friendly compost. Bringing them on a bit more would help as well. Letting them get a bit bigger would give them more time to adjust to their new environment when you do plant out :sunglasses:

1 Like