Any New Zealand Growers?

Hey I’m from New Zealand, I have started growing this year. I’ve really enjoyed it, very therapeutic. Almost harvesting time so very excited. I was wondering were you guys get your seeds from? I got mine from a ounce I purchased. I wanna try grow more this time so was wondering how everyone else usually buys them thanks.

6 Likes

Hey bro nice tall
Plants … coffeshopseeds or weedseedexpress is legit :+1:t4:

1 Like

Sweet thank you. I like the look of coffee shop. Have you every had problems with them being stop on the way? I’m just a bit nervous about it all. But am dying to buy some.

1 Like

I’ll tag in @Blackmoon he would be in your area. They are also several more. Also down under girl but she change her name and I can’t remember it.

1 Like

Make sure u use a fake name …

1 Like

Hi there @Tekken welcome if your a new member so you got yourself some bag seeds and grown some mighty tall plants.
Do you know the name of the weed you bought or just the usual its weed its good it cost this much.
I’m in nz somewhere near the top of the sth island few hours from Nelson.
There is a few of us from nz on this site gathering momentum.
I got my seeds from ilgm and they been great.
Its my second grow with known strains and good genetics.
I’ve got a journal going blackmoons arising your welcome to set to watching if you want.
Cheers
All questions welcome

1 Like

My first dozen orders i was shit scared too.
Especially the time I did a money order. Dont think I’d do it that way again.
I’ve only dealt with ilgm but sadly they not sending seeds to nz anymore too many orders getting stopped at the boarder…
Find a seller that guarantees your order ilgm do.
not sure about other seed banks.
I know nz growers getting seeds from coffee shop and they arrived ok.
Have a good day @Tekken

Thanks @kellydans
Down under girl can’t be known and not actually on here anymore.
Nice to hear from you kellydans been a while how are you.
How’s your grow going and life in general.
Cheers

1 Like

Beauty some kiwis! Nice work mate looking good! I too have also been wanting to buy seeds from overseas but haven’t pulled the trigger. Good old bag seed has seen me right for the grow gamble , been an excellent year for it. Also maybe through this topic we can translate American products to equivalent products available in NZ ( like the happy frog soil every one seems to use) Yates black magic maybe?
They talk also about captain jacks bug spray , anyone know the local equivalent?

1 Like

I had one of my orders opened by England customs on its way here.
That gave me the Willie’s
No note the seeds were all there.
But the envelope had been opened and revealed with customs tape.
I’ve had lots of orders not make it but never received anything like a letter saying hay we found these seeds at customs.
So it remains a mystery
Two orders arrived 3 months later through Melbourne those orders got resent but never arrived that was during the first lockdown period too.
Just don’t have your real name on them.
I think they after bigger fish than a few seeds coming in to be honest @Tekken

Hi there @Leholf
What part of nz do you reside.
You got some good questions I don’t have the answers.
I make my own compost. Add organic supplements along the way.
If and when and so far touch wood i hasn’t had to use bug spray it would be an organic variety. But an interesting reference if any one knows the equivalents.
Cheers

Lol yea that would have been a touching cloth moment , weird that they didn’t remove the seeds , or was some good luck , after all why would another custom officer re open a package that was already checked and cleared by another. My neighbour is a high ranking customs officer , she said that they got very anal about all seeds during the election/referendum period to protect commercial interests in the event that a yes vote was passed. But I agree there’s way way bigger fish to fry than little old us and a few weed seeds.

1 Like

South Auckland near the west coast and a mighty river :wink: how’s the beautiful South Island today, plan to move down there in a few years

1 Like

Interesting news Interesting topic to get onto with a customs officer.
Wonder if they have backed off again.
Bloody bugger about the out come of our referendum results.
So close.
Shows how split it is.
Plus there announcement about not flying the choppers this year.
I think had it not been for the covid pandemic more time money could have been put into education on cannabis to the general population.
@Leholf

2 Likes

My one day off work @Leholf and its raining.

1 Like

Lol yea typical aye , I’m crook with a cold and due to the new lockdown I’m staying inside so no one throws rocks at me , thankfully my clients all understand . Are you growing indoors too?
Yea she is an interesting character, ex naval intelligence, young and driven, I do all her tree and stump work as well as supply her with chilli clones every season , she voted yes lol .
Yea man such a missed opportunity trust christians conservative and the far right to mess it up for the almost half of us! I still think the question was wrong , govt Ltd should never have added a commercial aspect to the question, should have been simple, “ do you support decriminalisation “
The propaganda around the yes vote I also felt lacked intelligence, where were all the self employed , public figures , industry and commercial leaders , sports and tv personalities that use/ medicate weed ? Ah yes that’s right it’s illegal so they couldn’t appear pro due to legal ramifications. The question was designed to fail , they just didn’t think it would be that close. Lucky hellius 99 and akora farms paid the right politicians and police incorporated.

2 Likes

I don’t grow indoors im on a very minimal 12 volt system that I attempted to leave a 10 w light on and a 15 w heat pad on all night through the inverter and the battery bank didn’t like it.
@Leholf

Wow , that’s real back block country! Sounds like a bloody fantastic place to live!

Hope you get better soon and its just a cold.
Do you do gardening landscaping for work.
Am I rehashing a topic already shared.
@Leholf

Yea cheers mate , haven’t had a cold for a few years , missus bought it home and I had to have a kiss didn’t I . I’m an ex arborist self employed as a stump grinder , try very hard to not do tree work these days but there’s really only one way to create tree stumps so occasionally have to pretend I’m fit and younger than I am. What about you mate?

1 Like