Any MA, ME or other pls Chime In

A girl got me out of NY and into the Great State of Maine.

1 Like

@bob31 the way Iā€™ve circumvented AT&Tā€™s terrible discrimination Iā€™ve used the post office address. Itā€™s the only address thatā€™s verifiable in town. (Because it receives mail) so I canā€™t use my physical address. So I use 123 whatever street apartment 321 for my PO box number. Theres literally 3 postal employees and they pretty quick to realize everyoneā€™s different formatting of tricking companies. The struggle is real in this town. #remoteliving

1 Like

yep, thats exactly what I mean. I got a card from the PO telling me it is ok to do that. So instead of

Bob
PO Box 27
My town USA 12345

It now reads

Bob
123 Post Office Road Suite 27
My town USA 12345

What difference does it make to a shipper where the ultimate destination is? Frig them! hahaha

2 Likes

My city council - California town - approved outdoor cultivation in late Spring, with a set of compliance regulations, up to 6 plants, indoor or outdoor can be grown, must be 21, not visible from outside property, etc.

My ladies are looking like theyā€™re totally ready to be knocked up, however, Iā€™m doubtful they will get pollinated. Lots of trees to catch pollen before it travels to my yard. I guess one could go indoor if they wanted to eliminate possibility of any unwanted seeds.

Cause girls rock @Screwauger @bob31 @Covertgrower

6 Likes

Hereā€™s what works for me:

PhantomFarmer
123 Street Address **PO BOX NUMBER
MyTown, USA 00000

Apparently the asterisks stop the machine reading the rest of the line but the actual human being knows to drop it on my PO Box. This came from a local postmaster.

2 Likes

Yeah, I found the source. A guy about a half mile away had a male, not understanding the difference.

My brother in law says he fixed that problem. Weā€™ll see on this next harvest. Insects are usually how it happens, though I am close enough to the guy that the wind could have brought the pollen.

Itā€™s the main reason I learned how to sex them before I actually started growingā€¦

1 Like

would you clip shade leafs on a pant?

@JohnSwan this topic belongs to another user. if you have questions, please ask in you grow journal or start your own topic, please.

1 Like

Hi Screwauger. I am in MA and have 8 lovely maturing ladies growing outdoors. I have them in smartpots on my deck, and as far as I can tell none were pollinated. I am looking forward to a harvest of several pounds in the next few weeks. I would guess there are at least a dozen growers within a mile of me. Maybe I am just lucky?

3 Likes

I live on an island in Maine and I grow in my backyard I had a relative that grows in the town next to us we have never had a pollination problem but we also talked to the neighbors once we knew they started to grow and told them they had to pull out the males and get rid of them before they ruined their crop and ours put them in a garbage bag get rid of them otherwise I think we would have had a problem the only time weā€™ve ever had a pollinated plant is when we did it on purpose you shouldnā€™t have a problem as long as thereā€™s no males within a mile

1 Like

Iā€™m harvesting my second outdoor grow, in a Maine city and so far, no cross pollination that I can see. Good that you have cool neighbors.
@Islandgrow

1 Like