Any luck with generic led's?

I have been running generic leds in a room that’s 12’ X 15’ for over 1 year now. I’ve had great luck but had to change around my feeding/light cycles and amounts a bit to obtain really good results. Has anyone else had good luck with them? I keep hearing everyone speak badly about them, but like I said I’ve had great luck. I’m currently using 6 - 1200watt bloomspects, and 3 - 1000watt gixers. I measured the wattage when I first got them, and I the bloomspects were sound 275watts and the gixers 225 if I remember correctly. I’ll try and check again this weekend.
I’ve also learned that I have to start my first 2 weeks of veg with my lights in full veg and bloom mode, and also do this in the beginning of flowering as well. Then I can switch over to just veg or bloom for the remainder of the cycle. This has tremendously increased my yield and made my buds so much more dense. Plan on adding one of my 600 watt hps magnum xxxl’s for this flower cycle though. Trying to get more light penetration to my lower flowers. That’s still one of my learning curves.
I appreciate all advice and comments.

A lot don’t admit but low quality LEDs will still grow bud with enough watts… when your buying LEDs you want efficiency for them to be effective, I run the cheaper LED but I don’t use blurples I use QB’s much more efficient than the cheapo blurples… what I’m saying is if you can’t fork over the cash for a good LEDs you can use the cheap ones but it’s costing a lot more money in the long run… so if your trying to replace 1000 watt HID or Mh or whatever using cheap lights you will need 1000 true watts of LED light instead of say like an HLG 550… so you can spend the money on a good hlg light get the equivalence of a 1000 watt light and only use 500 watts… with the cheap lights say you have a 400 watt blurple the company says it’s equivalent to a 600 watt light it’s not you will still need the same actual true watts to get the grow you want which means more cheap lights more heat and so on…the best bet you have if you want to use LED for power consumption efficiency then you absolutely have got to buy the best lights on the market if not then your gonna deal with the same issues I’ve stated, your power bill won’t be any lower and each light is gonna produce a lot more heat then using one good light that has the true equivalent to your old school lights

2 Likes

I’m using cheaper model QB style lights off of Amazon in my tents and I have a 4x4 with 600 true watts of LED’s and I get good rock solid buds but if I spent the money in a HLG 550 or the new 600 ide be using the same wattage but ide be getting way more grams a watt for the same watt usage plus less heat build up only using one light instead of the 4 I have… tons of guys in here that know there lights and every body is gonna say the same thing if your looking into LEDs and you wanna drop power consumption then you need good high quality light fixtures/ can’t cut corners in lighting

2 Likes

Yeah, very true. Mine do emit a bit of heat, but I do get good solid nugs also. My power bill barely moved compared to me running 1 1000watt and 1 600watt mh/hps. I’m adding in one 600watt hps this time though. I’m hoping to see a bit more yield this time. Appreciate it.

1 Like

The problem im having with my cheapo parfact work 1000 w in comparison with my mars hydro 1000 Is that it’s lumen value is so high compared to its par value that even though my plants are practically praying im getting light bleaching im not to worried though Monday I’m getting my hlg 260 xl

1 Like