Any idea on what may be causing this

Ill have to later. Got a hurricane on top of me now. Just had it in my head bugging me.

@bob31 @ktreez420 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Majiktoker @Hogmaster @Jmesser80
So I thought I had the issue resolved and thought it was wind burn, but itā€™s not. Fans have been repositioned and new leaves showing signs. Hereā€™s some pics in pretty much natural light. Strains are northern lights and jock horror. Running in Dec hydro, 4th week of flower. PPM 1050, ph 5.9-6.1 fluctuation. Temps 67 degrees. Humidity 50-55%. Using current culture nutes, including bloom A and B, cal mag, mid bloom and UC roots. Plants were grown from seeds only. Using 1000watt his bulbs with indoor grow. Temps average 75 night(lights out)to 82 days (lights on). Running a ventilation system with air being vented outside. No Co2 in room. I believe thats most questions on a support ticket.

Thanks again for your help!

Iā€™m a soil grower @markaas74 but I noticed the fluctuating pHā€¦

I think you should fill out the support ticket! (one was requested above previously)

COPY/PASTE: This ā€œSupport Ticketā€ into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGMā€¦ name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Tagging a few others @Donaldj @Screwauger

1 Like

Seed Type, Bag seed, ILGMā€¦ name of strain: Seeds from seed bank, northern lights and jock horror

How many plants: 5 in flower

Age from Sprout and Flower: 8 weeks from tap root to current

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: In current culture DWC Hydro, UC8XL model.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? In hydro with a top of resovoir feeding clean water.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: current PH today is 6.1. OH Fluxuates between 5.8 - 6.1 or 6.2. Never below 5.8 or above 6.2, system is monitored with a Bluelab ph/ppm/temp meter 24/7.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: current PH 1040 as of this moment.

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: (2) 1000 watt hos lights in sun system xxx reflectors powered by phantom ballests.

Temps; Day night 75 nights (lights out) 82 days ( lights on)

Humidity; Day, Night: 50-55% always

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: yes, not sure of size but itā€™s a decent size rated for my size/room measurements which is 8 x 12

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: we humidifier

Co2; Yes, No: no co2

@bob31

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks @markaas74 Some of the guys that know DWC will be along shortly. Iā€™m still learning DWC!

What temps is the water @markaas74 I know that is important tooā€¦ Iā€™m getting dangerous!

@bob31 lolā€¦ water temps are at 67-68 at all times. They are controlled via water chiller. Tried without a chiller and couldnā€™t keep under 75, had to make the investment, but it has paid off!!

1 Like

@bob31 I even provided a few single pics so the zoom in feature could be used by people. See, I paid attention to your previous reply to me.:wink::wink::grin::grin:!! Iā€™m learning, please bare with me. I appreciate it greatly!!

1 Like

youā€™re doing great brother! My problem is eyesight and the artificial lights kill my eyes even in pics.
Itā€™s a good thing to take your pics in White or Natural light, especially when you need help trying to identify a problem.

Have you looked at the excesses and deficiencies chart? @markaas74

@bob31 I have checked out the deficiency chart. My problem is sight also, Iā€™m very color blind and tring to tell the differences in color shades is almost impossible for me. One of my many downfalls!!

ok, @markaas74 are you following the recommended feeding chart? I donā€™t have any DWC feeding charts handy so Iā€™m not sure if the 1050 is good, though I remember that was about what I was giving in my last grow and I was actually about half of what the manufacturer recommendedā€¦

@bob31 i am following the manufactures feeding chart, but also had to cut in half to maintain thr proper PPM. The only thing Iā€™m doing different is Iā€™m not using Reverse osmosis water. Iā€™m filtering through the hydrologic small boy. My starting ppm after water filtered is approx 120ppm.

Sounds good @markaas74 are all of the nutrients above listed on that feeding chart?

My thought process is that everything recommend on the chart for the week you are on shouldnā€™t exceed the recommended TDS.

If you mix everything recommended the TDS should only be off by the starting PPM. (120)

During flower, the pH is recommended to start at around 5.4 and increase weekly by .1 pH. @latewood is actually the one who enlightened me to this technique.

So I would recommend keep the pH BELOW 5.8 as much as possible during flower. I hope it helps, and if Latewood chimes in heā€™ll be able to give you some good info!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

Thanks so much for the reply!! Iā€™ll be anxious to hear what @latewood has to say!

1 Like