Any idea on what may be causing this

So trying to figure out what may be causing this deficiency or toxicity or disease on my plants. Mostly toward the tops of plants. About 3 weeks into flower currently with his 1000k light. Using hydroponics grow. Any ideas, nervous issues may be starting but don’t want to over react!!!
As always thanks for the help!!

We have inspected for bugs and no signs at all. It’s like the leaves are starting to deteriote themselves and tearing on there own. Pick is of one leaf, front and back of same leaf

1 Like

Could this possibly be wind damage from a fan too close??

I don’t know, but i tried to look something up for you to consider. there is a section there on hydroponic and calcium defficiency. Read it over and see if you think it applies to you. Sorry I could not be of more help.

2 Likes

@Tr33 maybe, I’m not really sure. My ppm are around 450-500 and from what I understand, calcium deficiency usually isn’t a problem unless ppm is 150 or under. By I’m by no means an expert!

It would be better if you could upload a pic of leaves on plant if you can.

I wouldn’t think the ppm would effect the amount of calcium the plant uptakes. If your PH is out of whack that could effect the plants ability to take up calcium.
Depending on which nutrients you use some nutrient lines have calcium already in it.

Do you check the PH of your water after you add nutrients?

@Jmesser80 yes I add nutrients, wait about 15mins or so and check ppm and ph levels. I let ph fluctuate for a day or so after I add nutrients and keep it around 6.3 (goes up after adding nutes) and then 24-48hrs later I will adjust to 5.8. A few people keep indicating it may be Tobacco mosaic virus. If it is TMV, how did I get it? The plants are grown from seeds, not clones. Is TMV caused by cigarette smoking??

1 Like

I’ve never had TMV so I’m not sure how it is contracted.
What brand of nutrients are you using?

@Jmesser80 I’m using the current culture line. Bloom A, UC roots, and also cal mag.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Let me call in some heavy hitters and see
If they have any suggestions. In the meantime if you could copy and paste this support ticket and fill it out so that they have all the pertinent info it will help them get to the bottom of it.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post. Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer.

@Hogmaster @garrigan62 @Majiktoker @Aquaponic_Dumme @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

@markaas74

If you only post one pic per posting it allows us to use the built in site super zoom. That would be helpful as so would taking a picture of the other side of that leaf and maybe under some brighter light?

TMV is transmitted via handling infected tobacco and then handling your plants. If you smoke or use any tobacco products, always wash you hands before handling any plants.

With that said let’s not assume this is TMV because we need a lot more info before we can determine what that damage is.

Thanks for the tag @Jmesser80

4 Likes

I’m with @bob31 in not assuming
You can cause it by smoking in the grow room as well but bobs on point
@ktreez420 actually got tmz I believe cause he smoked in the grow room maybe he can ad to the discussion here
Pleas post a few pictures from different angles in natural light would be extremely helpful @markaas74
Whatever it is we can get you threw it
@Jmesser80 thanks fir the tag

3 Likes

I used to smoke cigarettes (stopped back in June of 2016!) and I also smoke blunts. I never figured out if the TMV came from cigarettes lingering on my fingers while I was working with my plants? Or possibly from smoking blunts in the grow area with my girls. Either way, I don’t recommend either lol!

Wash hands before handling nutrients and plants, if you’re a tobacco smoker. And don’t smoke blunts around the girls, in my opinion. Dabs are great around them though lol

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

But I don’t think this is TMV the more I look at it

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Agreed @ktreez420 I don’t think so either!

2 Likes

Yayyyyyy for dabs just did a few @ktreez420 Woohoo in my grow room hahaha

3 Likes

@Tr33 @ktreez420 @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @gldeaton50 so for taking so long to get back to you guys. Update on the issue. I do believe I had a wind burn issue. I moved the fans so it wasn’t a direct blow on the plants themselves, set up so it kind of blew enough to allow leaves to light sway back and forth. I removed all the damaged leaves (which were on top of plants only) and it has been several days. No newly damaged leaves noticed!! Hoooooreyyyyyyy!!! Tops look great again and all in all things seem to be moving forward. My only issue now is the tops are 4 inches from 1000 watt light and need to try and bend to get away from lights. Branches are really thick and strong and bending is not easy when so thick. The whole plant moves at the base when trying to bend and I’m nervous I’m gonna rip the plant out of grow stones!!
My 1st hydro grow and I’m absolutely loving how it’s going. Love…love…love watching the girls grow into gorgeous ladies…

2 Likes

yeah if shes been flowering those stems are gonna be stiff. They usually break.

So maybe you should think about this a little more? @markaas74

hate to piggy back but anybody got a idea whats going on with her. I got 3 growing in a 5gal bucket right now and its the only 1 doing this. Bag seed, GH flora, ph 6.2, DWC. Only pic I’ve seen close to mine was TMV yet she hasn’t slowed down one bit

start your own topic please @Dwells823 It only confuses the issue when you post on someone elses topic.

Go into categories, find the appropriate one click +New Topic in the upper right corner

tag me like @bob31

And we will get you a support ticket and some pictures to help sort out your issue.