Any idea how long it takes for clippings thrown outside to degrade?

If I throw them in the edge of my property boundary which is full of tall weeds. Will the leaf shape be unrecognizable in a week, two, a month. Just thinking ahead

1 Like

I run over mine with a lawn mower. And at that point you can see nothing.

1 Like

I got ballsy today and took someone’s advice and trimmed a lot of the bottom half’s off. It was really causing potential mold issues as touching. The tent is packed crazy full with 4 plants. I am so close to the finish yet so far. I know you have responded to me previously. Thank you and stay safe

2 Likes

Fan leaf pesto… Just saying…

1 Like

Two days till brown. In bout 4 days they are indistinguishable from other leaf matter

2 Likes

I put them in a grocery sack, when they dry up just crunch them up to nothing and toss um.

2 Likes

Thanks at least I have an idea. I was storing in a plastic jar and jar was getting full. By the way when I opened the jar of previous clippings it smelled like hay.

You should start a compost pile or make a compost bin

It is a town house complex. The grass area is part of protected wetlands. I am shocked at how much I have been clipping off. I was thinking of a blender but if they degrade in a few days I am fine

3 Likes

I use my fan leave to make tea.

2 Likes

Just put them in a shopping bag or 2 doubled up tied up and thrown in the garbage can. Noone will know unless they open the bag and see the leaves lol. Mine always end up in the garbage can unless my cat wants some then he gets a few of them to munch on. I have noticed for cat people. My cat eats weed leaves leaves buds alone but will clean a plant of leaves lol. If he dont get leaves for a few days he pukes up some mean hairballs. If he gets a leaf or 2 a day to munch on he pikes 0. Must be something to keep hairball control

1 Like

Too funny!

Kitty enjoys the extra fiber!