Any hack for better tasting oil edible?

I’ve made cannabis oil using olive oil for sublingual use. Does anyone know of a taste hack to make the oil more palatable? It’s not horrible but it would be nice if it were a little tastier. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I use coconut oil

3 Likes

Coconut oil.
Maybe some mint extract? Or any food flavoring extract you like.
Probably only a few drops to get a better taste.

2 Likes

bad taste can come from plant material in the oil. what’s your method for infusion?

2 Likes

Honey. I infuse lots of mediums. Honey best taste. Plus just put in coffee or tea. I only cook with the other oils or make gummies…etc. to take straight i suggest honey infusion.

2 Likes

If you have access to high proof ethanol you can do a cold extraction which will cut down on the undesirable compounds

Here is an ethanol extraction and what i filtered it with and the end product freezer jam
There is little “plant” taste in the simple syrup i infused and covers up when flavored
Very little of the cannabis flavor comes through

2 Likes

You might find something helpful in this thread:

Take that unpalatable oil and put it into size 00 gelcaps, and swallow it. No taste.

1 Like

Thank you for that idea!

1 Like

I use the Levo oil machine.

2 Likes

Thanks for this link! Incredibly helpful!

1 Like

Thanks for all of that information and the pictures. I use the Levo oil machine and I don’t think you can use alcohol in it. But nice suggestion all the same!

Thank you!

I did think of adding some extract! Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Was thinking Cinnamon oil would be nice. Lingers a long time on your palate.

1 Like