Any creative ideas outside the obvious answer?

As you’ll see in the picture, I’m running into a height issue again. Apart from the previous nutrient deficiencies I had (ran out of nutes, shipment got delayed, ppm dropped below 400) one plant in particular came back with a vengeance and I didn’t think Bruce Banner Autos were supposed to get this big. They’re on day 69 (nice), 3 different phenos, and only one is a problem. I read on ILGM that BBA doesn’t do well w high stress so I can’t snip a bunch of branches or move another plant and pulling the branches down without severely impacting harvest size. Does anyone have any creative ideas other than let it do what it’s gonna do and hope for the best?

To answer the other questions that may be asked really quickly:
RDWC - 4 five-gallon buckets
GH Trio nutes given as needed to maintain 700-850ppm at this stage
pH - 5.86 currently
Water temp - 71°F
ppm - 685
EC - .99
Light schedule - 20/4
Air temp - 78°F
RH - ≈40%
Strain - Bruce Banner Auto from ILGM
102W Air pump
Currently receiving ≈525W (420 on top and 105 on one side)
Day 69 from sprout
Water change every 14 days

3 Likes

The only thing you can do is tie down the tops.

7 Likes

I saw a clever way of getting tops down from @MeEasy. He used something like 3/4” nuts on a string to weigh the tops down :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

@Chaos I am having the same issue. The one branch that’s pulled to the wall is the actual top/ main.
I just stapled a stiff wire and looped it like a cleet for tying up boats and wrapped my pipe cleaner around it so I can loosen and tighten as needed.

2 Likes

I borrowed some of my wife’s picture hangers :joy::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Wow. That is a tall auto. Super crop the tallest. You have too long to go, so you may have to chop down a few and tie the rest.

5 Likes

I would take a couple of the realy short, outside branches, and pull the tall branches down. That beast is hogging up half the tent almost!!!

1 Like

I actually hang my tent stakes out on the ends of the branches (plant earrings) or use those plastic training clips that hold them. :thinking: I saw someone using nuts on a string but I don’t remember who :thinking:
All my pictures got piled into one single file when I moved them to a storage disk and I can’t find anything in the 10 thousand pic pile, or I’d post a picture to show you how I do mine

2 Likes

Right on Brother and I had to use the tent pins on that last ReSpunn Gelato :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Too bad you didn’t have a net in the tent. I learned that the hard way. That plant would be huge if it was tied down at the start of flower. You can easily tie them down now, but you get a lot bulkier buds when they grow sideways in flower from being tied down

This one has only been flowering for 12 days. I’m going to have to use a support net when she really gets going @Chaos

3 Likes

More like ropes!!

3 Likes

Same here Grow Bro, 1st run in a DIY aeroponic set up and I had no clue on how explosive the growth would be…I usually train my plants to grow 2-3’ feet but not this one…lesson learned :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I am a big fan of supercropping my sativa strains. You still have a ways to go so no issue doing it. Some i have to do twice.

2 Likes

I know right?! The growth in the center is what scares me bc there’s so much. If I pull the branches down they’re going to shadow the other plants, if I trim the smaller branches to thin it out I run the risk of significantly reducing my harvest size due to stress/recovery, if I leave it alone I risk bud rot bc of the overcrowding of budsites fighting for light. I feel like either way I lose lol.