Any and all help appreciated 💗

GTrying to get set up for my Medical Marijuana grow.
I have a space of 12ft long 8ft high 7ft wide
There is soo much info online it’s difficult to determine good from bad advise and which steps to take.
I guess my first issue to tackle in my grow room is lighting. So I’ve been advised to use 1000wt HPS lighting system. And that I would need 1 light system per 4plants at $375/ea

There are a lot of types out there. And clueless here at the moment, feeling in over my head and drowning a bit.

Any suggestions or recommendations ? Thanks.

5 Likes

If heat is possible an issue, I would go LED.

You are needing a lot of info. Your biggest initial concern should be lighting. Decide the actual square footage of your space and calculate from there.

Keep in mind with that space you need access/walkway.

@dbrn32 is the lighting guru here.

Besides that you need to consider all the other components.

Soil, hydro, organic, containers, air exchange, air flow, HVAC, etc.

Have fun!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @fairybabe First i will let @dbrn32 help you with the lights will link in @MattyBear also , would you please try to copy and paste the ticket below fill in what youcan and we will help you get a harvest :+1::kangaroo:

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

I think the support ticket might be a touch premature… like my first harvest.

He/she has not started yet if I understand correctly.

1 Like

Hence the reason i said fill in what you can!

Thanks for the reply :slightly_smiling_face:
It seems the months I did researching and reading did zero good. Now it’s time sensitive.
I’ll be using a 12x5 section. That I’d like to have as many as I can fit healthily. My license if for 198 plants. So I’d like to utilize as much of that space as possible.
At the moment however I only have 17 clones about a month old.
I have them under some T5’s at the moment buying me time to get my proper lights ASAP just don’t know what to get.

The room I’ll be covering in panda plastic ,
Was told I’ll need a carbon air exchanger, AC unit for the window, using RO water, 5gal containers. Timers , temperature gauge.
Looking into various Nutrients and see what’s easily accessible in my area.

1 Like

Damn! @Hungrybud he/she is ready fota support ticket, my apologies for doubting you.

1 Like

If you copy and paste the ticket and fill in what you can then we can advise you on the items you do not have.

Strain; Af gooy, CBF, crash bang fk, super lemon haze

Age from Sprout: was told clones
Are bout 1 month.

Soil in pots; was received in red solo cups with porting soil.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Haven’t watered since receiving. I’ll water when soil feels almost dry to top knuckle.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: no ph metre yet. On the list to get one. RO water being used.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: unknown -none ?

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: none yet. T5 ho 4bulbs providing light while I determine and purchase.

Temps; Day, Night: night 7pm-7am

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: not yet

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: will need AC

Co2; Yes, No:no

Ok can you supply photos of your plants in natural light please so we can see the size in rato to the pot, get a GOOD PH meter and a PPM meter asap.What was the make of the potting soil?

@dbrn32 will put you on the right track for your lights, dont worry about getting the harvest you want, as we are all here to help you get there.

2 Likes

Thank you. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Tip…wait for your image to totally download before uploading.

1 Like

Sorry was not provided info on soil

5 Likes

So did you want to carry on the grow in a soil medium in 5 gallon grow bags?

I use this medium but a lot of forum members can give you alternatives, like @MattyBear @DoobieNoobie

1 Like

They will need repotting as soon as you can, but looking good :+1::kangaroo:

Your welcome.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! @Countryboyjvd1971 is the man for HVAC needs. Like @Hungrybud said @dbrn32 is the man for lights but I’ll let you know that lighting a 12x5 space properly is gonna be spendy. Let me know if you need anything and I’ll do what I can :wink::v::bear:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hello, and welcome to the forum! You have some really good help here so far too.

So your space is 12’x5’? Have you given any thought to dividing that area up and having a vegetative growth area and a flowering area? That would allow you to have perpetual grow.

4 Likes