Any advice is appreciated with first grow

Seems to have bounced right back after yesterday’s light trimming and LST. Also I lowered the ph on my water from 6.2 to 5.8. May start the netting today.

1 Like

Does anyone warm the water for any of your plants?

I use filtered water from my tap and during the cold months it comes out like 50° so I fill a few jugs right after I water for the next watering so it has a few days to get up to room temperature

2 Likes

I don’t have a filter for my water yet, hopefully soon. I usually leave it out for 24 hours to kind of get rid of the chlorine. Was wondering if warming the water to about 70 degrees would be beneficial.

1 Like

I have the nature’s living soil mixed in the bottom 1/3 wasn’t sure if that made a difference either.

1 Like

Never tried to warm it but it gets to like 65 sitting out, in the summer it comes out around 70

1 Like

Does that filter everything out? I have pretty hard water. I can’t run it in my humidifier, was causing white dust.

I grow in living soil but I’ve never used nature’s so I don’t know much about it. I use earth dust it’s dry organic amendments in two different mixtures one you mix in your soil (same soil over and over) then you top dress twice for flower and I will not be changing nutes. This is the easiest thing I’ve ever used just put it in and water no more ph testing I water straight from that hose

1 Like

I’m just worried about chlorine but it cleans the water up a little. My tap water is 7.3 - 7.6 ph and 300 ± 10 ppm and other than that little charcoal filter I don’t do anything to it, just water my plants

1 Like

It looks like you powered up at the get go. Good move.
It would be nice to have a little higher RH but how much difference a few % helps, I don’t know. Now that they are in flower you should have less concern.
Lowered ph to 5.8 - you must be in coco & perlite?
Warm water - I do what @MeEasy does. After I use it I fill the containers right away (most of the time).
If you have softened water I would not recommend using the hot tap water to have warmer water. It has much higher ppm because of the salt. I will heat some on the stove or use the microwave to warm some up to add to the cold tap water if need be.

2 Likes

My soil was at 7 ph so i was trying to get it a little lower, I have a junk ph Meter and I think it’s off a bit. Just ordered a new one, hopefully will get it today. I don’t have a water softener so warm water shouldnt be an issue because of that. @beardless

I have 707 formula with 1/3 nature’s living soil mixed in the bottom, top is fox farms forest and ocean . So 40-50rh would be fine at this point?

1 Like

Also I don’t add nutrients with that, figured it would be the easiest way.

1 Like

Reads like the ingredients in my wife’s organic bread. :sunglasses:
I just watered yesterday. Tent RH is 55%. It will decrease down to mid 40 and it will be time to water again.
Good to keep on top of ph.

2 Likes

This is the thing about molasses I was wondering if anybody did. :rofl: nice one @beardless @MeEasy @PP3121

Do you mean you water by watching when the ph drops to the mid 40’s?

I used to use molasses, I would start about a week before switching to flower then probably once every 2-3 weeks. But the stuff I use now has molasses in the mix

2 Likes

tips look a little yellow

No

No just saying as less moisture is put into the tent, it returns to its normal atmospheric condition. I water bases on touch, weight, leaves.

1 Like

@MeEasy does that seem like light burn? I think we discussed light placement the other day. Wondering if I should back it off a bit.