Any advice for the final lap?

“24-48 hours before harvest split the main stem and wedge something in there to keep it apart. Stress the plant builds more THC”
is there any truth to this and can some one please walk me through this thought and practice.
Thankx :smile:

Stress plant to produce more thc
Sharp knife wedge in and then twist slide in object. Keep the ties above and below. I do it every harvest.

2 Likes

I just did this with one of my plants. Basically you get a knife or sharp razor or sharp object, make sure it’s clean and sanitized. You slice directly through the middle of the stalk just above the soil and split a couple inches up. Get a pencil or some sort of object, I just used a splint, and wedge it in between the stalk to keep them separate and not touching. Then tie a top and bottom tie or ziptie and viola that’s it. It’s supposed to stress the plant into making more trichomes. I’ve only done it once on one plant so I can’t really tell you the benefits yet but I’m hoping :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

something like this?..

this is the lady that was split.

1 Like

week 7 of flowering :yum:

@greenthumbfun I’ve read that you need to do this about a 5 to 7 days before harvest to be beneficial. If you don’t give it that long then it is kinda pointless not enough time for her to flood neuts to try to heal herself. If I’m wrong someone chime in but this is what I have been directed to do by someone in this forum. Sorry I can’t remember who exactly but it was here on this forum

1 Like

Yes I think about 2-7 days tops before harvest.

1 Like
2 Likes

That last photo doesn’t look like she was close to being ready yet. Oh well, to late now.

3 Likes

lol I agree, i’ll just have to sit back and watch what happens :smile:

1 Like

I’m sure you meant to say “VOILA”…French for “there ya go”!..unless you are growing Violas (lovely flowers)…or playing concert music to your ladies, with lots of violins and violas! :wink:

1 Like

I was picking up what your throwing down @Manny_FTGUTube and thankx again for the input from y’all :wink:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I meant haha dang lol but you guys got me so it’s all good friends haha!

1 Like