Another "Rookie" Grow Started, 30 yrs Later

Nice, That’s sorta of time frame I was assuming when I dropped popped seed into Dirt May 19th. Thinkin Aug 11 would be approx target day ( 12 weeks ) On my calendar I marked June 25 as when I confirmed I knew for sure they were in flower, which was 5 weeks, to the day into grow. Or were they, with their Internal Clock, in fact flowering 4 weeks in ?..
I sure appreciate your input N2SY !

2 Likes

Hey grizz, thing is, I purchased pack of J. Herer Autoflower seeds from ilgm and both plants came from that batch of seeds (only ones I got). I’ve been told the difference is example of different Phenotypes of the same breed. ( both by ilgm support staff and earlier in thread ) So, Alpha has Sativa dominant gene and Charlie has Indica dominant gene I am presuming ? I am not up to speed on such matters. ( 1st World problems lol )
Appreciate your Input !

1 Like

Well it’s like I call em different strains but they’re not right? In all actuality it’s just a way for me to differentiate and not treat plants all the same :rofl:…like this is what you mean by phenos and how they grow different (when we think they shouldn’t cause they’re the same strain)….it’s like assuming twins are gonna be exactly the same throughout when this isn’t the case ever

3 Likes

:laughing: I just did twin 6 shooters. Once had normal super dense buds. The other had nice buds, but a whole different structure to them. You would never have known they were from the same seed :+1:

1 Like

wow, Time’s flyin’ by…

Everything’s been smooth. Still setting them outside every sunny day from 8:30a.m. - 5p.m.
Which makes them very thirsty. Still set at slight angle and rotated qtr turn every 20 mins when I’m home lol
Charlie has gorgeous developing buds that started thickening up last couple days
Alpha appears waaaay behind… probably due to all the stress I have put her thru ??
Couple Pics…

Til Next time… :us:

3 Likes

Hey Hay… by the calendar it’s 10 Weeks Today.

Charlie: - Buds have been Fattening up nicely. Really look great. Trich’s getting cloudy
Alpha: - Buds developing but nowhere near Charlie’s Level…
Got a scope for Trichomes - Pics below… Trich pics are of Lower Buds on stalk.
ALL Input always Appreciated :grinning:

CHARLIE:

ALPHA

3 Likes

Id say a cpl few weeks on the one atleast. Still looks pretty fresh alot of new white pistils and all the colored pistils are still long and not receded at all.

4 Likes

July 31st - A Few More Closeups from yesterday…

Charlie still got a good % of clear Trichs ( more than I prev thought )
Went back to back to plain ph’d water yesterday - will get some runoff next time to check ppm…see how superb soil is holding up. I presume it’s getting depleted.
Smell is not overpowering by any means. Quite pleasant.
((Alpha’s trich development is slow))

Following Pics Are Charlie Only…

3 Likes

Happy August !!
11 Weeks Old 2 days ago !
Getting close and am pysch’d.
Charlie: buds have thickened more the last 6 days. Seems like i had a spurt of pistils coming out starting earlier this week. Still getting Lots of outside time each day. Trimmed several leaves wednesday.
Hard getting trich pics lol. I have been checking them each day. Yesterday I confirmed about 5 amber heads after about 10 mins looking lol. Will try to take a few more trich pics this evening. ( am posting 2 pics from Monday )
Alpha: buds filling out ‘some’ …seeing increase in visible trichomes. Have no expectations with her but she might surprise…
CHARLIE :

haha love this pic…

ALPHA:

Will be checking back in this weekend… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Some nice chubby ladies there :+1:

2 Likes

Weekend comin to a close… :neutral_face:

But I’m Retired so It Doesn’t Matter :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Got some more Trich Pics…damn it’s tough lol
( btw I have a Kodak az 421 which has a “Macro” mode, but damned if I can get a closeup in focus :roll_eyes: )

So all pics are with phone thru magnifier

CHARLIE: I Snipped the Lowest nugget on the Lowest branch and trimmed it some to get a better Inspection of trichs
… another sprout of white pistils several days ago… 1 last try to get knocked up before time runs out LOL…

sorta in flux on whether to chop in next 24-48 hrs…. :thinking: :thinking:
Feedback appreciated…Invite others lol…

1 Like

Plenty frosty with most of the hairs turned orange.
I’m learning it is more of a personal preference what color trichomes you decide to harvest at.
When most trichomes are still clear it gives you a more energetic buzzy high.
Wait until the trichomes mostly turn amber and you get a couch-lock sleepy high from the same strain.
I’d expect the buds up top closer to the light to be further along in their color-changing process.
Maybe try a small bud from up top versus this one from the bottom and see which high you like better?

hey Flyin High…thanks for checking in and the input ! :+1:

Ya, I am versed in trichome development and changes in the High, and have been checking them every day. The main buds at top are just beginning to show amber as well and I have been thinking I would watch for approx 80/20 % …maximum.
I will prob chop very very soon.

I will give poor abused Alpha plant more time and go for a higher amber %…
Have noted the effects of excessive training during her life span ( which was my goal with that particular plant )

Thanks again for your input !

3 Likes

Happy Friday the 13th !!

Charlie: - She came down Wednesday evening. Spent her final 20 hrs in darkness.
Was fun trimming :wink: …Been a LONG time since I last trimmed a fresh bud lol :grimacing:
Super Dense !!
Flowers now hanging in dark closet with indirect fan blowing - Temp maintaining at 76 and RH at 57%
I removed maybe 25% of sugar leaves and trimmed tips off of rest. Saved all and in freezer waiting for what little amount I will get next week when I chop Alpha.
I am in No hurry and after Hanging til appropriate brittleness in stalk, buds will go to glass jars for probably 6 weeks with normal burping regimen. ( 62% boveda packs )

ALPHA: - Anticipating approx 5 more days till Chop; But still check Trichs daily
Noticeable output\increase of Trichs last couple days
Noticeable “Thickening” of the bud clusters. ( still rather “small” thanks to my abuse lol)

Knowing what I know now plus actually having proper gear from the onset, lol, I can’t Wait to start 2nd grow ( also stepping up to 5 gal bags )
Since I am going on vacation in 5 weeks I will wait to germinate New seeds until I return
a week later.

All I got for Now… :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar: :guitar:

Sugar Leaf Trim…

ALPHA:
…This is my buddy Tippy…he almost always chills with me outside ( plus he knows where the handouts come from - began taking peanuts from my hand 3 months ago… )

Thanks for visiting !

8 Likes

I fear those were all harvested too early… seeing as it was JUST my birthday, and I’m a fellow retiree… I’d be glad to take those off your hands.

I’d hate for you to have to consume Unripe fruit! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

haha Thanks for the offer Stimmy !
yeah, probably…but calendar sort of pushed me as I wanted them to have a full 4 weeks curing in jars ( After 6 days hanging ) before I leave on 10 day vacation.
Charlie Went in jars Aug 17th
Alpha Aug 20th
Yesterday we Tried Charlie for the 1st time ( 3 weeks in jars ) . Loaded a bowl for gf w\out telling her we were trying our own. 15 mins later I asked her if she wanted another - No Way she replied - “I’m Stoned”…lol
Considering I was 98% convinced I had ‘killed’ Charlie 1 week into veg I am still pleased with results. Smooth smoke. Aroma is Fruity and a bit earthy. Nice Body High
Alpha - tried her for 1st time this morning. Def more of a Head buzz for sure ( I stressed her so much thru out the grow I should be ashamed lol )

Knowing what I know Now - can’t Wait to get back from vacation ( leave next week ) and start Round 2 !!!

3 Likes

FINAL Thoughts on Grow #1 just completed
( as I partake of its fruits )
( And Grow #2 has begun GROW #2 Jack H Auto Indoor )

Smell in jars not strong but blossoms when put in grinder and aroma from bowl and j is very nice.
Smoke is Very Smooth … both burn to a fine white ash.

Dried Finished product was only 1.7 oz

Indica dominant plant was 1.2 oz
( nice thick buds and nuggets that have nice earthier fruity aroma when ground - good evening bud)

the sativa dom. plant was .5 oz dried
( buds not Near as dense but has very nice fruity aroma when ground - excellent morning\afternoon bud )

Reason for small yield …

1. early accidental sever stress to both, stunting growth
  2. smaller bags, a 2gal and a 3 gal bag.
  3. Haphazard pruning and defoliating (mostly on sativa dom. plant)

THANKS FOR WATCHING
So Pumped for Grow #2 !!

Signing Off :grin: :grin:

4 Likes

So are we!

4 Likes

Congrats on the harvest. I only got 34g from my Stress Killer. So you got me beat :grin: I am sure those 2 plants will last you at least a few months :grin: Cool little buddy you have there.

3 Likes

I’m getting ready to chop 3 autos - 2 at 80 days and one at 71 days. Within 2 weeks I hope. And I just flipped a WW photo fem on Friday gotta another 10 weeks or so there. THEN I’m going to my grow #2. Going to use my 4x4 tent as a drying tent and sprout after the autos have dried. Then move photo fems to the 4x8 and keep drying the WW in the 4x4.

1 Like