Another question on using Fox Farm nutes

@GreenJewels @Missiles @MattyBear or anyone who has experience using Fox Farm nutes .I’m collecting the nutes the sledge hammer flush etc and had planned on following all instructions on feeding schedule but have been reading where some people say to only use 1/4 or 1/2 of the amount of nutes it calls for. What should I do

How old are your plants ? If they are still young i would only a 1/4 strength of the recommended dosage, i use ff and have noticed that they seem to cause slight nute burn if you go heavy when they are young . If they are mature 3-4 months then i would half strength if you dont feel comfortable going full dose on your plants ? Hope that helps somewhat …but lets get some real pros in here to chime in … @DoobieNoobie @Drinkslinger @MattyBear

2 Likes

It’s gonna depend a lot on what type of lighting you’re running…

4 Likes

I’ll add to what Matt said and say environment all plays a part. A plant grown with high powered lights and perfect environment will want more food than a plant with weak lights and/or poor environment control. When growing indoors you’re playing mother nature’s role. The better you are at controlling it the better the plants will grow. And thus the more they’ll eat.

For a simple answer I’ll say to start low and gradually increase until you see signs of being too much. A lot of growing is less about what you can learn from reading (which is extremely helpful) and more about learning to read your plants.

4 Likes

I’m in soil just transplanted to a 5 gal bucket and I’m using 1000 watt led. This is a clone that someone gave me so have to guess 7 weeks old. So far I’ve given it 1watering with Big bloom and when I transplanted it I watered with Big bloom with Boomerang added to the water. Do you think I better add more water to make it not so strong? I thought it needed boomerang because it just sat for about 5 weeks looking dead and then it just took off so I’m only on week 1of feeding schedule. She’s a little gorilla glue when she started growing she had a weird twist at the ends of a flag leaf still there today when I put in 5 gal and the very very tips of alot of leaves are turning brown

the leaf with yellow around edges was like that when I got the clone

1 Like

The leaf with yellow around edges looks healthier in pic than really is

1 Like

Is your water ph’d to 6.5 -6.7 ? After the nutes are mixed always make sure to check the ph levels of your water .

Also how close to your plants are the lights? Sometimes you can have the lights too close to the plants and the leaves will try to twist to hide from being too hot or burning .

Filling out a support ticket will help the community help you. :+1:

3 Likes

@DoobieNoobie gave a great explanation, thanks for that Doobie :slightly_smiling_face:
If your soil has extended release fertilizer in it already it could be nute burn on the tips. What soil is she in? Also clone leaves tend to get a little brown on the edges at first but the new growth will look healthy. A support ticket will help everyone help you and the little girl :v::green_heart:
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

5 Likes

Does this go the same with Sledge hammer flush

No the flush I would probably follow bottle directions.

1 Like

Thanks so much

1 Like

I should have asked before but thought it would say on bottle. When using the sledge hammer do you use the whole bottle? Is there no additional water needed after flush?

1 Like

No I don’t think its that much. I’m struggling to think of who uses it currently. I know some people that aren’t around lately use it. @blackthumbbetty have you used sledgehammer? Either way can you offer any help on flushing agents. I’ve never used them.

1 Like

Here’s a pic of the basic directions

1 Like

@DoobieNoobie is correct. 2 tsp per gallon. Put the two teaspoons of sledgehammer in a gallon of water. Run it through. Then run one more gallon of just water through. If this is a flush due to overfeed, after the flush run a third gallon through, with nutes, at the ppm you’re trying to reach.

3 Likes

I’ve used Florakleen in the past, when I was using Advanced Nutrients.

I use 5 gallon pots. With the Florakleen, I used 2 tbsp for 5 gallons of water, then ran 2 gallons of that through, check the run-off, then run through PLAIN properly pH’d water until your pH and ppms are met.

That 5 gallon bucket solution is good for 2 plants.

4 Likes

This is my first grow, but I have been using the Fox Farm Happy Frog Fertilizer and my babies love it! Showed some real growth and vigor after couple days.

3 Likes

Let’s say HLG 600w is in use.

1 Like