Another QB question

@fano_man can you tag me in? I’d like to see your setup.

Sure thing bud

@dbrn32 so I’ve got just about everything I need except the lights. I’m still having a really hard time figuring this part out for some reason and I was hoping you could help once again. I have decided I’m going to bite the bullet though and go LED instead of CMH I just can’t figure out my best route. Although electrical is an area I have very limited knowledge in, I do feel I am a very handy guy and with proper instruction I believe I could build a DIY light. The only thing I would need is a complete list of everything for the build and where to buy it here in Canada ? (not asking much am I ) Or I could go the route of a kit from HLG Canada. In looking at the kits I’m not sure if I would be better off buying 2 of these( 320 Watt Lamp Kit. High Efficiency QB288 V2 R spec) or 3 of these (260 Watt Lamp Kit. High Efficiency QB288 V2 Rspec) ??? @dbrn32 FYI the price works out very close for either option.

2 Likes

Get on the diy light thread and read it. There are a bunch of custom builds in there with detailed instructions. Including mine. If you have access to aluminum then the diy approach is way less expensive. That’s what I did. Late model Samsung EB strips will put you on par with the latest and greatest in LED technology too.

2 Likes

Digikey has Canadian warehouses and website, check there for stock/pricing on Samsung and bridgelux eb strips vs a hlg kit board. The pricing is different, so I’m not exactly sure how it would work out. Seems like hlg taxes the move across imaginary line pretty heavily. If you find parts in stock that you want to use, I can definitely help make sure you get the proper amounts of whatever it is you need.