Another option, Migro Array

So as some of you may know by now, I’m shopping lights…
I want to buy an expensive light from HLG, maybe 650, but for now especially as the tech looks to be changing again soon, I am going budget.
I was considering spider farmer or HLG for a 2x2 and buying a couple to expand footprint…

But after watching Shane on Migro for some monthsz I just realised they dropped a 2x2 light that looks cool! Migro Array…
… the problem is that there are no reviews for it!
Who has heard of it or has any info on it?

Go with the Migro Array, it’s just pure quality. I’m in 2x2 and no other manufacturer offered that light intensity that spread right into the corners. I got the 120w with supplemental reds however, you have three options depending on what you want to spend. I’m currently on week 4 of a new grow - 3 indicas (insomnia). Previously I’d only have grown one, but as I said, you can now use the entire 2x2 with those PAR readings.

So far I’ve noticed they’ve grown way, way faster and thicker than my last harvest (same strain) - at least 4 inches taller and the most healthy looking plants I’ve ever had. It barely weighs anything, gives off very little heat and it’s breeze to set up and use.

I also got his UVB light which I’m going to use for one hour a day during last 4 weeks of flowering. I can’t wait to see the results I get from this combination.

Last, of course, is the Shane factor. If you have a problem he’ll reply to your email within hours and because he designed everything, he stands over all his products. I’ve never had anything other than positive experiences with Migro.

Get the Array 120w!

1 Like

What is the impending tech change?

1 Like

Keep in mind actual wattage :wink: ratings.

1 Like

@MrMagoo thanks for the info! I got questions for you lol
What light did u have before as a comparison?
What are the options? And did u get the "fully kitted " option? How mucho?

@neofirebird what are u hinting at lol? U are the only reason I am considering mars btw.

@Nothingshocking I spoke to hlg customer service and they mentioned a good number of there lights are on sale or going on sale, I asked if there was a reason other than holiday sales and he hinted at newer models!

2 Likes

Yeah hlg probably is I know they no longer sell the 360 elite I have and now have the 260xl for the same price.

1 Like

For under 300. The TS 2000 pills about 320 actual wattage works for me in my 4x4. I regularly fill up the tent with two in hydro… But check prices on HLG by all means, I don’t know what’s up price wise currently there but they’re good top shelf stuff lighting wise.

1 Like

3 Likes

I used a 250 hps system. Hated it. I hated the heat, the energy waste, and I hated leaving my apartment with that thing ‘buzzing’ in my small space.

I went out to the Migro development centre. Once you meet Shane you understand why he has such a loyal following. His attention to detail, knowledge and craftsmanship are just blinding. I got the all singing version of the Array 120w with Osram reds, I think it was 210 euro. Not the cheapest but you’re paying for the very best craftsmanship around.

Go to the website, check out the numbers, the PAR readings are just unbelievable. He keeps everything just below 1,000 PAR because you need supplemental CO2 over 1000. So basically, unless you understand how to introduce C02 and metre it into the tent, any system over 1000 PAR is pointless. The Migro readings are about 900-980.

He’s the most honest man I’ve met in this industry. Watch his reviews of other lights, he’ll gladly admit if someone is better than him but right now, his readings are class leading. Beats Mars, Spider Farmer etc and for only a few bucks more.

2 Likes

so again, for anyone who didn’t know (I didn’t) if your PAR readings are over 1,000 you MUST introduce CO2 or the plant won’t be able to deal with the extra light. According to his site the highest growth is achieved at 750-1000 PAR - his lights come in at 820 (AVERAGE) in a 2x2. That is just breathtaking.

2 Likes

Good info magoo.
I have been watching Shane for over three months, reviews and all, and my high ass just ran into his light unveiling video lol . The steering wheel is def turning towards Migro. I have some more thinking to do. If I was to go with the Array it would be two of em. Its hard finding people that use them

I have been looking for an excuse to try out the migrow 120w. Thinking of using one for early veg and young clones. Dial it back a bit and be able to have lower light clearance.

2 Likes

At the end of the day it’s really all about actual wattage draw - you need enough to flower.

That why I want a full cycle full spectrum light that I can daisey in the space I have while not breaking the already broken bank. I don’t have the space or experience to have a separate veg, grow, room tent yet. One day!

@beardless I’m in day 4 of your drying process, so far looks good, wish me luck.

Absolutely Wishing you the best of luck

1 Like

I totally agree, it’s a leap into the dark because they’re only out a few weeks. He’s working on a more in-depth review video at the moment. He’s very complimentary of many budget lights our there, especially Mars Hydro - he’s just confident the Array is even better. Check out the UVB light, now that’s interesting to read up on. I trust him 100% and I’ve invested in both!

1 Like

I’m of the understanding that it’s all about PAR light and the amount you can get per watt ie the efficiency.

HPS lights have an efficiency of about 1.2 (pure rubbish). A very good LED will have an efficiency of 2.3, meaning a 120w LED can deliver same light energy as 250w HPS.

It’s also the ‘spread’. HPS lights (and most LEDs) have good light readings in the centre but they drop off as you move outwards to readings of under 300 PAR (which is useless). The Array still has readings of 650+ even in the corners so every inch is a grow inch, bingo!

2 Likes

I suppose I was making a general statement regarding watts - but in simple terms you can only get so much par value at a given actual wattage… I didn’t want to open the rabbit hole that far but yes par values count. :grin:

totally agree and yes, LED’s have their limits but for the 2x2 indoor grower like myself, the new technology has been a godsend - gone is the humming 400w street light in your bedroom closet trying to grow one photoperiod with no such thing as YouTube.

3 Likes

LMAO :sweat_smile: yep. And for a 2x2 is imagine a nightmare to keep cool so led lights are a Godsend…

1 Like