Another one dying

I have holes in the cup. I just bought a spray bottle and zip lock bags. Is that good. Do I spray on the inside or outside of bags

1 Like

Bags work fine. Mist inside twice a day. Distilled or R/O and does not need to be PH’d.

1 Like

Chronic over watering leading to stunting of growth, that plant is going to take a long time to recover, if ever. I’d pop some more seeds and try not to over water them next time.

5 Likes

What Hellraiser said. I use ocean forest for seedlings and do well, it’s not harsh.

3 Likes

Ok, this is my first grow if you couldn’t tell. I just put a couple of samosa seeds in the paper towel. I have a couple of ILGM wedding cake seedlings. They haven’t been overwatered too bad as they’re younger than the samoas. I will water these seedlings by placing a ziplock bag and spraying the inside of the bag twice a day. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

I highly recommend you read this grow journal. Am a first timer too, and doing really well.

4 Likes

Everyone’s had different experiences with it

1 Like

If you are in ocean forest soil your ph should be between 6.3 to 6.8 at the highest. 5.7 is way too low for them.

2 Likes

I was using bottled water with a ph of 5.7. I started using tap water with a ph of 6.7. Thanks

1 Like

While your ph wasn’t on point, it’s the over watering that’s causing you problems.

2 Likes

I put bags ziplock bags on some of my seedlings, and will lightly spray the inside of the bags twice a day. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Should I leave the bags on for 24 hours?

Mist inside of bags twice per day which means they come off and air is exchanged.

2 Likes

It looks like I should throw it out:

Given the containers size(since you aren’t taking much space) you could try and revive but looks pretty far gone. Not that I would personally know, but from everything read, overwatering signs. I went with FFOF for mine and did straight to soil germination in it. Watered the day of planting and waited until the pot felt light (I suppose you could always use a small scale at the beginning if you don’t trust your gauging the weight) and added in 2.5-5 mL of water(days 3-10 from putting seed in soil) when they were feeling light. Otherwise only wetted the domes (zip-lock bags) when I saw they were getting a little low on the moisture drops clinging to the sides(most say common practice of twice daily but I think there could be quite a few factors involved in determining that, air flow under the edges of your “dome”, dryness of the soil in the container, RH of room depending on your “dome”). I have been using straight from tap that comes out 6.6-.7 consistently and it has a ppm of 300. But remember, different strains could yield different results from one person to the next depending on a lot of factors. Feel free to check out mine as they have been progressing and I’m on day 18 today, or 19 when I turn the lights back on in 3 hours. I’m doing Bergman’s Gold Leaf and Sour Diesel auto strains from ILGM.

move it under a dome out of direct light, mist it and then leave it alone for a week. It may recover.

I put 5 more samoas in paper towels yesterday. One of them germinated today and I put that one in Dixie cups, which I just bought yesterday.

I’m not going to do that now. I just popped more seeds.

I never like to lose a plant, and 9 times out of 10 they come back if the lights are dimmed.

Its definately a watering issue, may be that along with too much light.