Another newbie, sorry!

Not really seeing any pistils, just the thin fingers of new leaves.

2 Likes

Thank you sir.

1 Like

I sure hope so. :pleading_face:
I appreciate your words of encouragement! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Heres my plan, when shes ready for water, dig down and take a soil sample, do a slurry test and PPM it. Mark that number down. PPM my PH’d RO water, mark that number down. Add those two together, that’s my base number.
Then start mixing water, Cal Mag and Nutes 1.0ml at a time for both and PPM that. Add that number to the base number for the total PPM for the plant with the base number. I keep going and adding, but not to exceed the PPM chart for this week FFHF soil chart. (1700+ right now!) Im being a baby, staying way under the numbers on the chart. I stopped adding when the total was 1200 for my first time. Results, I didnt kill her and she seens like she loves it so I’m going to stay the course.
My plan stan

2 Likes

You are doing great. Keep us updated!

1 Like

I’m running a 600 watt led and a 1000 watt hps plants are loving the mix of the spectrum the 600 watt a cheaper growmol hps is 1000 vivosun I have the led hanging over my hydro plant and the other light Over my gold leafs

2 Likes

Great episode can’t get enough of frank

1 Like

That’s an excellent combination. Variety in lights makes a noticeable difference. Right now I have a 400 watt mh and a 600 watt hid. I also have a compact florescent for starting plants, but I prefer an LED. Plants root better with an LED. My old LED died so I put a cf in there because it was cheap. But I need an LED. Big difference when starting plants with an LED.

In the summer I put the mh in its own tent and move the young plants in it first before putting them under the 600 hid. But in winter i put the MH and the HID in the same room because they put off a lot of heat and help keep it warm.

Then in summer I move the MH to its own tent to cut down on heat.

1 Like

I have a confession. Although I’ve been growing for years, and I have all the meters: ph, moisture, lights… I still over water my plants from time to time. It’s easy to do with the younger plants that still aren’t using a lot of water yet. Usually I just have to cut back on water. But once in a while I have to transplant one if it doesn’t start drying out.

I also over fertilize but not as often. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Another problem I have is with the water department. They’re always dorking around with the chemicals in their water treatment. It doesn’t hurt mature plants but it does make starting seeds a hassle. Because it kills them! So a long time ago I started using fish tank water conditioner in my water for starting seeds.

Usually November is when they up the chemicals for winter, but last summer they really started dumping chemicals in the water. We had a drought and the river got low and “organic materials” got in the lines. So they put an oxidizing chemical in the treatment to kill it.

We drink this #$%@?

I was freaking out. Only one or two seeds would start. Had to start using fresh water.

Believe it or not, tap water is ok for plants. It actually has some chemicals plants like, like a little bit of chlorine and a little bit of fluoride. But most places dump too much crap in their water.

Be careful if you’re using fresh water, like a rain barrel. Algae will get in it. And fungus gnats loooove algae. Yup. Learned that the had way.

1 Like

@RBucey @SRPG007

Guys would you consider this a small sign of nute burn ? Just starting week six, 1250ish at the run off, 18" away

2 Likes

Teenie tiny… you’re riding the edge. They’re getting their max… Nothing to worry about just back off the nutes some and dont water too too much. My grows always have burnt tips. Just dont let them get out of control… The tops coming in at the bends will be great… Nice move there :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Thanks brother!!!

They look fine to me. Nice stalk. Those little brown tips on the end of the leaves are common. Usually that is a sign of minor magnesium deficiency. For soil I mixed in a little bit of domolite lime to prevent it. But for hydro, I’m not sure. Because little problems can become big problems over night.

Try just a dash of magnesium if you feel like experimenting.

1 Like

They should be budding by now. Do you have the lights on 12/12?

The draw back to topping plants is it sets them back a couple weeks. The hormones(?) That regulate the plant’s growth are mostly in the top of the main stem. When you top it the plant needs time to start producing them elsewhere.

I’m sure you have already done this, but make sure the dark period is dark. No light leaks. And avoid checking on them during the dark period. No one likes being woke up in the middle of the night.

1 Like

And I agree with @SRPG007, you can back off on the nutes a little to be safe.

1 Like

Thanks buddy, 18/6 on the lights, theses are autos, am I reading this right? 12/12? You like 12/12 for autos too or is because I topped and they need a shove?
Also calmag with ever every feeding, should that work for Mag def?

@Hellraiser, she dun gone friutstick HR. Tops everywhere, filling up the the tent. Day 37

2 Likes

@CalamityJane ths is from the movie you sent me above…luv ya for it!!!

1 Like

Shhhhh! @Newolhead I told you not to tell anyone about those ‘movies’ :wink:
:joy::joy::joy:

Hahaha, glad it was useful. You’ve got a really good set up there and you’re way past my level - lookin’ really good, mate. You should be chuffed! :+1::+1:

1 Like