Another newbie question... harvest time for sleep

I grow GDP for sleep. I read an article that said something like “harvest to soon, less potent. Harvest to late and you get basically sleep meds”… which is exactly what I want.

Can anyone confirm with first hand or researched knowledge about this? I don’t need the high. I need the knock you out for the night.

I can share the link to the article if requested by its not from ilgm so I didn’t want to break a rule or anything

2 Likes

I go for about 30-60%amber trichomes sometimes. Harvest timeline will depend on strain. My grows sometimes extend 2 weeks further. Wifey calls it my knockout weed.

1 Like

You will want plenty of amber among the trichomes at harvest. CBN (the “sleepy” cannabinoid) is at its max when trichs are amber.

I grow for the very same reason and I give my plants an extra week or 2 before harvesting so that amber trichs are maximized.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks. Its so hard to get logout info online. I have seen articles that say THCa is best for sleep, and another that said THCa does nothing at all. Lol. So many speak without knowing shit.

3 Likes

CBN is what you are looking for. As trichs turn amber, THC is converted to CBN, though keep in mind that THC content will still be relatively intoxicating (high.)

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile: