Another newbie nute burn question

I’m sorry but am I right in thinking that this is a bag seed and how far along is it sorry just busy and been a little lazy doing alot off catching up with everything that has been happening.

I have just looked over your post’s those pictures were great you could bring her back I’m just not sure what affect it mite have on your harvest but I’m sure someone on here will help you hang in there and those are nice seeds to get going but just hang on there with your other plant first you will learn alot that way too and the rest of people on the forum it’s all a learning experience :v:

Yes i am…water going in at 7.0 or what ever should bring up your p h or will bring it up.
and ya you were way to low and that’s a BIG THING way big so it may take a few time’s to get her where you want it to be.
PLEASE. .keep me posted cause I want to see how she responds. And after you get your p h where you want it. wait a couple of days and let her recover and then remove all the leaves that were affected, ok ?

Will

2 Likes

The Apera PH20 is the unit I have; about $49 on Amazon.

If you are using FF soil it is recommended to flush periodically. Although the flush schedule is based off of using their nutes throughout. Never flush outside of the okay range of your soil so you could cheat and go up to 7.0. There are products to aid in flushing; Sledgehammer or Florakleen (I use this one). Three to five times the pot size so if flushing a five gallon, then at least 15 gallons per plant.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I ordered the apera ph20 today. Do you store it with just tap water?

I flushed the sick plant a few days ago. I’m not kidding when I say I ran 50 gallons of water through it. 50 is actually where I stopped counting. It took a lot to bring her ph back into a healthy range. It’s a 7gal container.

Today I trimmed off most of the damaged leaves. I cropped quite a few below where the damage was. I may have to go back and remove them completely. She looks happier.

@garrigan62 when can I start giving her nutes again?

4 Likes

After that much water, feed at the next watering.

It comes with 7.0 standard reference solution and I found the best way for me is rinse the electrodes with distilled water then dip in the 7.0 solution and cap it for storage.

5 Likes

Update:
She’s had watering of h2O + nutes, and then just water today. Apera ph20 showed a ph of 7 going in and ph 5.3 coming out. Looks like I’ve still got issues.

Should I flush again with my 7.0 tap water, or try using adjusted ph water (8.0) until the runoff reads normal?

1 Like

Have you got any now reading taken now on your Ph mate or did you make any other changes?

I haven’t watered it since the last update. Probably not until Monday. Good news is my tds meter will also be here Monday, so I can finally see what the ppm in/out is.

1 Like

Today
H2O + nutes adjusted to 6.9 in, 989ppm (.7).
Runoff was 5.3 and 674ppm

2 Likes

I joined the forum today and it seems I’m not yet able to post a new topic, so I’m joining this conversation, cuz I think this may be nutrient burn, but I’m not sure.

26 day old seedling in a one gallon pot. When I transplanted 10 days ago, I mixed some worm castings and high N guano into the bottom 2/3 of the pot. The growing medium is HP Promix. I fed with an alfalfa meal, guano, worm castings tea almost a week ago. PH was 6.5 and TDS was 225. A few other plants are showing yellow just at the leaf tips of the newest growth. This one is the most dramatic. I’ve been PHing the water all along. I wonder if I was too heavy handed with the guano and shouldn’t have fed them the tea. Thanks for your thoughts!

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 are you able to move greendreamer to his own thread? He’ll get more action.

@GreenDreamer I think your plant looks fine.

@Drinkslinger definitely out of range if you’re in soil. You may want to add some lime to bring that in range. You’re doing right not to exceed the normal range with ph adjusted water.

1 Like

I will see what i can do with that @Myfriendis410
I believe your correct about the traffic as well
I’m working off my phone right now and seem s i cant move it from there @Myfriendis410 but i did call for assistance lol
Wwlcome to the forum @GreenThunder

3 Likes

I’ll get him !over to his own thread as soon as o can
Go onto the site

Will

3 Likes

Thanks @garrigan62 I actually know how to move them just cant from phone

Thanks. He deserves a response and he’ll get seen.

3 Likes

@GreenThunder the yellowing leaves edges can be a few things when we get yiu move ill be coming over
Seems maybe it was to early for the tea tho

1 Like

I’m about 2 weeks away from harvest, so I flushed her again.
Ph 7 going in with 87 ppm
Ph 6.3 coming out 165 out

She’s still a little sad, and hopefully her buds fatten up, but overall the recovery is acceptable. The truth will be In the smoke.

5 Likes

…and one more question. The person I received the seeds from was uncertain of their strain. He believed them to be either Girl Scout Cookie, or Blue Dream. I notice some leaves are taking on a purplish hue. Any opinions on which strain it might be?

3 Likes

As u said your plants little sad but I think they are looking great good job bro :+1: