DieselGRWR's first time grow!

Amen. The one auto i did is a 10 gal did good. I added cal mag once a week for good measure, but overall i yielded about 3 oz of flower dried and a good amount of trim for bubble hash. Just remember that a good light accounts for your yield also. Im running a HLG600R and a HLG 320XL in a 12x8x8 room. Im running a HLG300l Bspec and Vivosun vs2000 in my veg room. This is my first time seperating veg and flower so we will see if the investment was worth it when i harvest whats in veg now. I have 3 Grandaddy Purps, 2 Durbin Poison, and 1 Zskittles vegging while I have 4 Sunset Sherberts about 3 weeks from Harvest.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have (2) spider farm 100w lights and another brand 400w light. Ill probably end up putting the 400w in the tent once the GG4 starts to flower. The (2) photos i have in there are no rush so they can veg under a 100w until the GG4 is done. We’ll see how it goes though. Worst case I’ll set up for 4x4 and all 3 lights. Just trying to keep it simple for now.

2 Likes

Coming up on the end of week 4, should I be thinking about LST, Topping or FIMing?

I’ll post up pics later tonight.

@Graysin @MidwestGuy

Depending on the size of the plants, probably it’s time, yeah.

1 Like

Pic, not sure if the leaves are anything to worry about acouple of them are alittle deformed looking. I think i had the circulation fan pointing to close to it. It’s in a 5 gallon cloth planter for size reference.

2 Likes

I’d be comfortable topping at that size.

1 Like

They’re getting bigger. I haven’t made the leap to top the auto yet but I did start alittle LST to get the 2 leaves opened up to give the lower ones some light. The lower ones don’t look so hot so i was thinking about maybe trimming those off, good idea?

Im happy with progress so far.

DLI is right around 26
Pots are alittle heavy so holding off on water
76°f ~60%RH

3 Likes

Well, I have been out of town since Saturday morning. Hopefully my plants are doing ok and made some progress while I was gone. I had someone check on them but it was more to make sure the house wasn’t burning down or the lights fell or something crazy like that. Ill post some pictures later with updates.

Not the best pics, I couldnt see my phone under the light lol

GG4

The larger of the (2) maui’s is looking damn healthy.

2 Likes

Working on some LST, I think it’s due for a watering tonight or tomorrow. Do you guys think i ahould nip the (4) lowest leaves? Any benefit? They don’t look great and they are stretching compared to the others.

Maui’s are looking good also, i think the one on the front right needs to be transplanted.

5 Likes

Look good growmie. Id transplant the two in the buckets to fabric pots. As far as watering, you can usually tell by weight of the pot.

4 Likes

Yeah, weight felt lighter than normal and it was dry finger deep. The other 2 are going into fabric pots mostlikely tomorrow. I just used the buckets with some holes drilled in the bottom cause it was what I had sitting around at the time. Debating on putting one of the mauis (photo)in a 10gal bag, they’re going to be in veg for awhile so I’m weighing my options.

My main focus is on the GG4 in the fabric pot, that’s the auto.

I have an electric heater in there so it’s alittle cramped to keep the heater away from anything comustible. Im honestly thinking about throwing up my 4x4 tent just to have alittle more room.

1 Like

My setup right now. Light is putting out around 44DLI @ 80-85% when should I get my 400 watt in there? Or can I just bump it to 100% and lower it for a higher DLI?

Oh yeah, day 36 since she broke ground.

1 Like

:flushed: that was quick!

@Jilli

3 Likes

Fuck yeah man are you doing some nice leaf tucking?

2 Likes

Yeah, I check on them before work and then around 6-7 in the evening. I move the leaves around as needed. Trying to keep all leaves as lit as possible while allowing the new growth to be exposed as much as possible.

1 Like

@Jilli

1 Like

Plants are looking good. Today marks the end of the 6th week. No signs of flowering in the auto yet but it’s looking happy, I’m hoping it has 1 more growth spurt before flower. Maui in the cloth bag looks alittle sad as I transplanted it the other day. Look alittle water logged but that should resolve itself in a few days.

Should I tie more branches back? Or should i just let them do their thing? The stalk is 100% horizontal even if i remove the tie downs. Im running out of room to get them out of the way of eachother.

DLI on the auto is right around 46. Thinking about bumping it a bit more, they seem to be liking it.

@Graysin @GreggT

4 Likes

If you can start spreading the branches open and apart (away from eachother) like a starfish, you’ll see even better benefit from the LST.

1 Like

According to this chart, the majority of autos want a DLI of around 45 during their peak veg and flower period. More than that and you might have to start supplying Co2. I know it is also strain dependent though, and some strains can handle a higher DLI. My plants just hit day 21 out of soil and I bumped DLI up to 30 average. Next week will be 40 and once flower starts it’ll be 45

1 Like