Another new grower needs help

Hi @hairtumor! Welcome to the forum. Looks like you’ve met the regulars haha! No nutrients in soil for at least the first 6 weeks, assuming good soil.

Ph is vital and a decent digital meter with chemistry is under $25. Don’t rely on drops or test strips.

What lighting are they currently under because I see considerable stretching. They could use more light IMO.

2 Likes

This is definitely a learn as I go experience. They are currently in rockwool cubes. I plan on an outside grow so no lights. I realized what the stretch was and have been taking them out in the sun all day. Is there anything I can do to help with the long stems, they are really fragile at this point. Can you recommend a good ph meter for soil and water, the one I got from Amazon was a POS. Thanks @Myfriendis410

@hairtumor apera makes a good meter. I have an oaktron and love it! Its a bit pricier but worth it. As far as your fragile stems, you could pile up a little soil around the base. Also, small desk fans blowing on them help them to strengthen

2 Likes

There are numerous ones in the $10-15 range that work, I use an Apera which is a little better unit for around $45. Don’t waste your money on a soil ph meter. They’re all junk.

1 Like

transplanted to two long ones into soil, we will see how they do.

I would bury the stem more into the soil. I’ve had the same thing happen and I covered 1/2 of the stem in dirt and they did fine. Welcome to ILGM by the way

2 Likes

thanks @OldSkunk. It’s still in rockwool so thats as deep as I could bury it. Here’s hoping. :slightly_smiling_face:

Get a deeper pot. Also those pots are difficult as you can’t easily tell when they need water and they don’t drain well

2 Likes

@Fever good to know, thanks.

1 Like

Two out of ten survived my overwatering. Growing very slowly, I’m assuming it’s because it’s the wrong time of year. This was just a practice run for the real thing this spring. There are a couple of places locally that sell clones. I think I’ll do that for my real grow. Here is a picture of one of the survivors. Thanks again for all the help.