Another grow another problem. Humidity help!

Hi guys and gals… I’m back once again! I’ve missed you lot. Hopefully someone can help me with the latest problem in my new grow. Humidity! It’s far too low. Currently sitting at 34 temps are 25°. I’m still using QB/LEDs. I’ve done the usual water/towel trick but to no avail this. I’m stumped. Babies only been in 3 weeks and looking great apart from starting to curl inwards very slightly… looks a bit like heat stress but its defo the humids. Any help greatly appreciated as ever! @dbrn32 @DoobieNoobie @PurpNGold74 :hugs:

1 Like

What you need to maintain your humidity best can depend on the size and shape of your grow room. It’s particularly important in well-ventilated rooms. If you tell us a little more I may be able to help. I live north and have fought the same issue.

1 Like

How big are plants? Can you make dones to put over them out of clear containers of some sort?

2 Likes

Spray them with a water bottle… lol… :wink::+1:
Holy crap … 34 degrees Fahrenheit…?
Plants are going to die at that temperature…

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @MidwestGuy thanks for that. The north? Which north as I’m in UK :thinking::rofl:
Anyhoooo… I have 6 x 8 x 6 grow tent. Inlet for cool air and exhausted for extraction. To be fair I’ve had my fair share of issues with grows but humids have never been a problem.
And no no @peachfuzz … RH is 34 :rofl: x

1 Like

Not really… they are too big…

@dbrn32 :hugs:

3 Likes

Plants are looking a-mother-fkn-maze-balls @stells!! Ok so by the looks of things this isn’t your first go around. Personally I let the plants and the lights make the humidity as they go.

Mine are 3 weeks and change and rh is 24%, their fine and healthy.

Get you heat under control tho, I know it’s easier said then done…what kinda fans are you using? 6” in and out?

1 Like

Wait if your 25 celsius/ 77 degrees your fine also

1 Like

Hi Stells. Not quite as north as the UK, though it is more temperate there. It gets pretty cold here. I’ve spent a lot of time in Birmingham.

You’ll need a bit larger humidifier for that much space, but they aren’t usually so expensive. I would stay away from “cool mist” humidifiers as they use ultrasound and don’t put out than much moisture. An evaporative humidifier works well. Honeywell and Holmes make smaller ones such as the HEV320 which won’t be large enough. I would look at a Honeywell HCM-6009 (discontinued, but you can still find them) or a Aircare 826000. The Aircare model is a bit large, but you could put it on a timer.

1 Like

I agree. can you slow down your exhaust fan without temp getting too high?

3 Likes

I’m one step ahead…(getting canny at this mind!) Its down as far as I dare. I’ve also got pota of water scattered about and a pot if water under my inlet. It’s up to 41 now :see_no_evil: x

Nar its not my first go at this to be fair… though this is the 1st time I’ve tied them down so young! Looks like it’s worked though! :raised_hands:. Still too hot in there… and I’m up to 41 RH now. I’ve got a 6 inch in and a 8 out x

Really?! :see_no_evil: Its always been really high before? x

Oh really… I’ll have to have a look at these. I dont usually have this problem to be fair. I dont know what’s changed… ah! Hang on… I’ve added another light! I wasnt getting the flowers budding. They were so loose. So I’ve added another light. I’ve got them dimmed to half way though… can that be it dya think?? X

1 Like

:rofl: and Birmingham is for softies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I’m right up north. Bloody freezing man :snowflake::snowflake::snowman:

2 Likes

70-85 degree F is good

85-95 ok with co2

95+ fried flowers

1 Like

Yeah but what about RH? Mines now back down to 30 :see_no_evil: x

Mines usually 20’s-30’s first few months then when vegetation fills in the rh naturally increases also

1 Like

Let’s hope mines roughly the same. I dobt want those leaves curling in on me! X

So… this is what they look like now…
My temps are 25°c and 31RH.
Anyone help? :pray: x