Another first grow

I always, no matter plant size: Put plant just like you did with seedling and tilt it at just enough angle to get it out and mostly together. I also do not leave soil moist mine is almost as dry and pulling away from sides of container as when I would water and I gently shake it out. Rolling the pot between your hands all the way around may help loosen it up. Everyone has there own way to do things, Just be careful and confident. If your soil fell apart easily the roots didn’t fully take in the substrate. Moisten the soil you intend to transplant in(where roots will sit) and set in. Water fully.

2 Likes

I am a huge fan of the LITFA method. I inspect and spend time with my plants every lights on and normally light out. But yeah lern to LITFA :grin::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Awesome job. They’ll survive for sure. I think I would probably keep the domes watered with a spray bottle and maybe a cup of water around a perimeter about 2” from the stem every other day, unless you see it’s just way to dry. You’ll learn to recognize the coco when it gets dried out, if you don’t Know already.
Try not to get water on the leaves because the light will bake the water on the leaves and just make them ugly.

Keep up the great work! :+1:t2: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Reitus Just remember, we all are experimenters… Learning to speak the language of plants. We not going to get it in 1 night, or in just 1 grow. It takes time, because plants don’t always speak plainly. Just don’t give up… you are doing just fine, keep going. You got people backing you the up.

2 Likes

@anon89489555 Yes, i am constantly reading through forums trying to stay on top of what is going on, what i should be doing, what to look out for, etc. It makes me want to go mess around and im having a hard time fighting the urge.

@HappyHydroGrower Appreciate it. I made sure i took a mental note of the “feel” of the smart pot when the coco was dry and then again after i had rinsed it. I dont have the experience yet with how fast my pots will dry in my environment so i am going to have to keep an eye on that for sure.

2 Likes

@Reitus Did you download the Guides and the Grow Bible ? Good sources of info in those.
But yes, good idea to read as much of forum as you can, for it’s loaded with valuable info. Only problem with it, it’s scattered everywhere. Maybe you can read some grow journals to see what others did with their setups and
grows. But it all depends on a few factors really… Soil, Lights, Air Circulation, Temp, Humidity, Tender Care, Nutrition, WATER. well that’s more than a few, but you get the picture. Hey yall, did I leave any factors out?? Oh and you got to talk to your plants lovingly. Get to know them.

3 Likes

Yep, i have the bible, its a good read. I have read several grow journals on this site as well as a couple other web sites. I have alot of pdfs on various topics, like training, nutrients, feeding, hydro techniques and setups, so on and so forth. It is exciting.

2 Likes

@Reitus Glad to have you on board. Happy Grow, and Heavy Yield.

2 Likes

Here’s you 1 more MAJOR Complete Grow Guide from start to finish all you need to know, for successful grow.

4 Likes

Im going to let them out of the domes. Could be a mistake but I feel they are strong enough (except maybe BS4) to get the full light. Watered about a cup each in a circle around the plants.

BS1 and BS2 are 9 days old.

BS3 and BS4 are 6 days old. BS4 did not agree with gravity from the beginning. She pushed her taproot out of the soil twice. She did it during sprouting and again when she has grown a little bit. The little taproot just grew right out of the soil …
BS3 and BS4 are 6 days old.

Ive prob looked at a 1000 seeding pics. With all the different strains, all the different conditions, and all the different problems that can arise, I think it is going to be difficult for me to determe if something is wrong until it is really off kilter. That is concerning.

I kind of made a wreck of it when i transplanted from the solo cups. Almost like just tossing them into the hole because the coco started falling apart. I didnt like it. Next grow im going straight to final grow bag from germination.

Thanks for looking!

3 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up, we all learn by doing it, and seeing what works and what don’t work. Learning plants is not that easy, it’s alot of work. Small errors can be costly, but that’s what teaches us to be better. Just keep trying, until it works. @Reitus and remember nobody is perfect at this.

3 Likes

Oh, dont get me wrong, im loving it. It has been a blast so far and i know im just getting started.

I was just inspecting their shade of green and talking out loud. My inexperience on upcoming issues is going to be a crutch, but im looking forward to the experience for sure.

2 Likes

Hello fellow growers! Hope all is well with you and yours! :wink:
Update on my grow:

• Strain: Seedsman Black Sugar
  • Method: Coco coir / perlite (60/40)
  • Vessels: Smart pots (3 gal)
  • PH: 6.0 (no run off anymore, twice early)
  • PPM: 350
  • Light system: Spider Farmer SF2000
  • Ventilation system: oscillating fan in tent

BS1 / BS2 at 13 days:

BS3 / BS4 at 10 days:

BS4 small leaves are dried up it seems. She had a lot of tap root issues in the beginning. Maybe she can still pull through. I have had all of the seedlings under domes except for two light cycles a few days ago. I was on the fence about undoming them, but changed my mind and put the domes back on.

The nutrients are less than 1/4 of what general hydroponics flora trio calls for on the charts. They seem to be a little yellow to me. I have spray watered (10 sprays) next to the seedling and misted the domes only for the last few days. This morning I watered them all with about a cup each. They also got misted and so did the domes.

Everyone have a great weekend! @SKORPION @Draco1 @HappyHydroGrower @anon89489555

3 Likes

Your doing great! They’re looking really good.

Now, just keep in mind that you might have the urge to upgrade the way you grow.

In that case, I would consider RDWC. This is soooo easy. I find myself twiddling my thumbs trying to figure what to do next.
Every day, I check PH and PPM’s twice daily. And that’s it! I hardly have even had to adjust anything. Almost getting bored growing this way. And they grow twice as quick I think. Keep it Growing!
:+1:t2: :sunglasses:
P.S. have a great weekend as well!

3 Likes

I have been checking out your grow @HappyHydroGrower Looks fun! The more I search around and read the more I want to try, heh.

3 Likes

Looks to me like you have an ideal location for RDWC within you basement. The floor will def. keep the totes cooler. Growing is sooo easy compared to growing in coco. I can’t begin to tell you.
At the age & size my plants are now, I would be making up water every other day, adding nutes, ph’ing, runoff, cleanup… etc
Now all I do is just check ph basically

3 Likes

Oh, and jalapenos …

3 Likes

You def got a green thumb, cause your plants are green, and you painted your thumb. Lol just kidding. Have wonderful day. @Reitus

2 Likes

Here we are again for another few pictures and status update. The little ladies are growing. I have one runt that prob isn’t going to make it but I keep talking to her every day anyways.

I notice that my seedlings have a little yellow tint to them and one even has some brown spots on her leaves. Could it be light burn? My light has been around 24 inches this whole time. The only thing different is that I have taken off the domes again. I think they are going to stay off this time unless one of you fine fellows (or ladies) convince me otherwise.

I have been watering about a cup of very light nutrients every other or third day. They always get a mist of 4 or 5 squirts everyday tho. I haven’t watered in a couple days and the coco was pretty dry today. Since I was uncertain of what was going on with the yellow and brown spots, I decided to do a complete rinse (around a gallon) with 5.5 PH’ed and no nutrient water. I also raised the light up to 36" ish in case I am to close.

The run off from each bag was around 6.5 PH and 450ppm.

@anon89489555 @SKORPION @HappyHydroGrower @Draco1 @Zee @MrPeat @kellydans

Thanks for looking!!

Reitus

5 Likes

I think I would lay off the nutes for a week or so. Just water maybe twice in one week or if the coco is dry, in a circle 2” from the stem.
They’ll make it. After they get bigger, those leaves will get trimmed off anyways.

Keep at it! You got this! :+1:t2: :sunglasses:

3 Likes