Another first grow

You’re welcome! I have been reading up on grey mold bud rot recently. Neem oil is also suggested in some articles I read to help prevent it. Just keep in mind, you can’t use it in flowering stage.

Every few weeks of spraying in veggie stage wouldn’t hurt anything.

4 Likes

Getting there:

6 Likes

Just make sure your fans are hitting over the tops and not directly at them. Will exhausting you fan into the basement cause a mold issue down there? Thinking that’s a lot of damp air going down.

3 Likes

I have been monitoring the humidity for it. There is a decent amount of square footage in the basement. Plus, its connected to an hvac system which helps out. The humidity has not changed much for the basement as a whole.

3 Likes

Neither does the room that mine sits in but it sure changes the grow room! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sounds perfect!

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t check any of that stuff or the stuff that I reckon I should be checking. I just listen to my plants. I don’t sweat the small stuff and only make adjustments when my plants tell me I need to do so. This method just seems to work for me. I do monitor the RH and temp and have had 70+ Rh at times. Like @kellydans said, air flow/movement :v:t2:

5 Likes

@repins12 Thanks for the info man. Hearing about successful grows in a slightly high RH has helped take my bud rot paranoia away. :smile:

Here is an short shot of my bud development. They are sticky as heck and smell hard core citrus to me.

5 Likes

Mixed up 8 gallons of nutrients with something extra this time. I started adding koolbloom this feeding. This 8 gallons had 5.8PH and 720ppm. 24 days since flip to 12/12.

5 Likes

A quick tent check turned into removing a bunch of giant fan leaves. The 8 gallons of nutrients in the reservoir is about gone. Here is the tent and one of the colas.

5 Likes

Great looking colas, should really start packing. Nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks @Zee. I couldn’t have gotten this far without the community here. Every step of the way was constant advice and support. I am not to the finish yet but I am closing in.

I remember first joining and Hellraiser said something like “Stick around and grow massive amounts of weed with us.”

I believe I just might… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

To put in southern context, I ain’t growin massive amounts, but I show as hell ain’t buyin it either!! …:joy::joy: :wink: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hellraiser is the Man! I Learn everything from him. Downhill from here bro!

2 Likes

Looking good don’t be afraid to thin that plant out make sure all those buds sites are getting light

2 Likes

@Nicky I have been picking and choosing but am reluctant to really strip them down at this point being 4 weeks into bloom. Maybe its no big deal but I’m trying to be cautious. I see alot of different methods and do feel like my tent is to bushy. When I get in there and start removing, I start second guessing myself.

2 Likes

Yeah that happens for the first couple times. Lol.

The reality is if your growing in soil you have to be alot more careful, but in any other soil less medium you can be more aggressive.
Always thin the bottom right out to increase airflow and then thin the rest out so the buds can get light they need to grow.
If your concerned and have time them start leaf tucking.
If your buds don’t get lots of light they just won’t grow and mature like they should /could.

3 Likes

I got a new thingy and almost have a handle on humidity and temps.

6 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/BALDR-Digital-Wireless-Hygrometer-Thermometer/dp/B01MXM0GLS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=weather+station+wifi&qid=1600909532&refinements=p_89%3ABALDR&rnid=2528832011&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=weather+&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRjJZTzVCREpKNFM5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjIwMTE3MkszSDlRTTNaRzA4NiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjEwNDI2M0JIMTdDUjFaV1g2WCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

This is the one I use. I like it because you can have up to 3 sensors hooked up to it.
I have one in my grow room and one in my dry box and seems to be working pretty good so far.

2 Likes

Here ya go @sallysue! Happy growing!