Another day/another problem

Seems like every day there’s a new issue. One of my plants is showing brown spots on the lower leaves and it seems to be working its way up. I’m thinking that it’s a nutrient deficiency but I’m not sure.

These plants are 6 weeks old, in fabric bags. Organic garden soil mixed with a little miracle grow. I watered yesterday with grow fertilizer. I found spider mites and sprayed the underside of the leaves with insecticidal soap and puffed some diatomaceous earth to the top of the soil. Lots of leaf hoppers here.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

1 Like

@grizZz @AfgVet @Tylersays @Oldstoner

Could this be damage from the spider mites or burning from the insecticidal soap spray?

Most definitely looks like sprayed on damage or like it got splashed…if ya did this in direct sunlight even water could burn leaves like that maybe someone else will have a better idea but it looks like a spritz burn

2 Likes

And your plant seems kinda yellow

1 Like

Looks ok other than those leaves with the burn.

Thanks, y’all.

Mites damage from the bottom of the leaf mostly in my experience but eventually it’ll show on top.
And it could be burns from water droplets.

I had these on my little girls this morning.
Bug-a-geddon going down this evening after the direct sun has passed but I still have enough time left for spray to dry before sunset.

I’m super cautious when watering and if I hit the plant I try to shake it off and turn the pot so the area isn’t in the direct sun.

Good Luck man!

2 Likes

Thinking it’s a burn from water or the soap.

Do you have a grow journal started? Might be easier for you and others if everything is in one place. It also allows you to easily look back in your grow

1 Like

On paper. Maybe it’s time to go online. Thanks. @AfgVet

1 Like

Yeah, start a grow journal. It will benefit you in the long run. Tag a bunch of us in and we’ll help you out

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Got to agree with everyone on the grow journal. When I started one back in the day it was the biggest help in following what I was having success with or failure at . Plus for future grows you have a readily accessible account of what to do or to avoid . I still go back to my old journal to check.

2 Likes