Another day...another problem...tent too hot

Bubble Gum Seed seems to have pulled thru the stuck shell fiasco.
I moved the seedling into a grow tent this afternoon and the temp is way too hot under the grow light.
Light is mars hydro currently 18 inches away.
Temp in the tent is 91 :flushed:

I have one fan on hand. Can and will go grab more tomorrow.

Is it better to pull hot air out of the top of the tent or put fan down around plant level to move air around? Plant is a tiny little baby and won’t be able to withstand much wind at this point.

For heat issues I had, I use an inline fan to pull the hot and stale air out of the top of the tent. I kept my circular fan on low setting at the bottom, during I guess is your seedling stage.

I also turn on my air conditioning, big help, at times, when I was adjusting things, I would open the door to the tent.

I run my lights at night, to try and combat heat

1 Like

Ultimately you will need to condition the air (temperature and humidity) that is drawn into the tent. You may also have to change where the exhaust air is discharged. My tent is in an enclosed room with one door only. I am considering a window style AC, portable AC or even a mini-split unit. I am also thinking of how I can modify handling the exhaust. It currently exhausts back into the room itself. I would like to be able to switch between handling it this way and routing the exhaust into the attic depending on conditions and grow stage.

2 Likes

@beardless,

How you doing my friend?
@JasonMac,
@beardless and I think a lot a like. I HAVE AN Ac unit in my grow room with two fans which suck the heat out from the top because heat rises and I vent right into the adict where it is hot. It’s a perfect setup.

B Safe and welcome to our world of growing here at ILGM and to our awesome community

1 Like

I have a fan up top to suck out hot air. I also have a small fan that sits on the aluminum heatsink. Lastly I have a big box fan and a window ac st the bottom of the tent. O
Have to run my tent door open. :+1::+1::+1:

Thanks - you know what they say about great minds. As long as you are aboard I thought I would bounce a quick soil / nutrient question off you. I have 4 northern lights growing in this soil

. They are day 34 veg / total 48.
No nutrients other than one 75% application of calmag 5 days ago. They are very healthy but all have purple leaf stems. I understand this is sometimes an indication of phosphorous deficiency but may also be genetics (Haze). They are ILGM fem photos. I am thinking of watering with a solution of dissolved bone meal (not sure of the application rate, I am thinking 1 TBSP per gallon of PH 6.25 water). This is from 1 week ago after she was topped 2nd time. Your input will be appreciated.
My appologies to @JasonMac for jumping in.

@beardless

If there are no other symptoms and the rest of the plant is growing fast and healthy, red stems usually aren’t a big deal. As long as you’re continuing to take good care of your plant and responding quickly to any other [problems), you should be okay.

B SAFE

1 Like

I only grow indoors during the fall and winter, that way I dont have to refrigerate my grow room. I can also use the heat and humidity during the winter as I burn wood for heat. I do all flowering outside.

You too thanks - they are very healthy and strong.