Entering week 9 of my White widow autos. Everything was going great until about a week ago. I think I still have a few weeks to go but one of my plants is starting to turn very yellow and the tips are curling and burnt. I started with a super soil but didn’t realize that the nutrients are prettyused up After the first month in a 3 gall bag. I’m pretty sure I’m seeing a nutrient deficiency but I’m completely at a loss for which ones! I’ve been using in organic compost fertilizer as well as Cal mag and some tiger bloom but since I have no idea what I’m doing I’m not using any of them consistently or probably correctly😜. Is this lady still salvageable? I have a few others growing that aren’t as bad so perhaps they can still be saved. I’ll help is appreciated! Thank you🙏
Definitely still salvageable. Looks like either a cal-mag issue or possibly lockout, to me, but shit for a second opinion on that. I had one that was a combo of the two and looked similar (but worse).
I add cal-mag @ 3-5ml/gallon for every watering now. Have you checked runoff?
Thank you ADA. What is the solution for lock out? It’s very possible in the 3 gallon bags I suppose. I just gave them a big drink of Cal mag and will follow up daily. See if it helps :). I have a few gelato fems in the same size bags which shot up when they flipped to flour so I think I’ll be transplanting them to 7 gallon bags tomorrow to help reduce that possibility
Only way to fix lockout is to flush the soil. Lockout is caused by salt buildup on the roots from synthetic nutrients. If you’re planning on transplanting anyway, I would flush a day or 2 before the transplant, then go back to feeding after the transplant.
When you flush, try to check the runoff, if you have TDS and pH pens.
I think what you’re seeing is a plant being root bound.
Being root bound causes the soil to turn more acidic. Then causing lock out. They will still finish off pretty good but the symptoms won’t go away without more root space. Maybe start raising you ph when watering or top dress some dolomite lime to help buffer the soil.
I’m seeing the same with my plants. I just didn’t realize what it was until now. Thank you.
My solution is to move up to bigger pots for the next grow.
Thank you. Most definitely using larger pots next time around. ADA Suggested lock out also. I’ll try the lime for now. Based on my research autos don’t like to be transplanted So I’ll do what I can with the soil and use this as a learning experience. Definitely transplanting my gelatos tomorrow though. Would love to avoid this happening again.
Autocorrect hates me.